|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
2. What is Ponza's apartment overlooking?
3. Who says, "You don't mean to say you understand it if a mother--unable to bear being away from the daughter--follows her and then is compelled to live apart from her in a city where after all she's a stranger too?"
4. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Whose name does Laudisi forget several times in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Sirelli tell his wife about Amalia in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he feel about the gossip?
3. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Laudisi suggest to Dina about the door in Act 2, Scene 6? Why?
5. How does Signora Sirelli feel about the drama in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she remark on Laudisi?
6. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
7. How does Signora Frola say she communicates with her daughter? How do they feel about this arrangement?
8. What is Laudisi's take on proof by documentation?
9. What does Dina tell the women in Act 2, Scene 4 regarding Signora Frola? What have they seen?
10. What is the reaction the townspeople have to Laudisi in Act 1, Scene 2? How do they act on this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate symbol of the play? What does that symbol represent? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the moral of Right You Are, If You Think You Are as a parable. What are the elements of parable? How are the characters and realism portrayed in this genre?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)