Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
2. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
3. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is above Ponza at his office?
5. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
3. What about the documents makes them unreliable?
4. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
5. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
6. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
7. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
8. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
9. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
10. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
Discuss "Paradox" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate paradox in the play? How is this illuminated? Where is this paradox presented in the play?
Describe the character of Signora Ponza. Who is this character "ultimately?" How is her appearance the climax of the play?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)