|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
2. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
3. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
4. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
5. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Prefect respond to Laudisi's scheme in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Laudisi tell the Sirellis regarding their argument with one another?
4. What does Signora Sirelli say that she always is? How does Laudisi respond to her argument?
5. What does Sirelli suggest for determining the truth?
6. How does Signora Sirelli feel about the drama in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she remark on Laudisi?
7. What does Laudisi suggest about the Prefect in Act 3?
8. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
9. Who has refused to receive Amalia in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Amalia know about this person?
10. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character Laudisi with that of the townspeople. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the townspeople to a traditional Greek Chorus. How are these characters similar? How are they different? What role do they serve to the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)