|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agazzi's position?
2. Who has seen Ponza's wife in the village in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Where is Ponza's apartment where he lives?
5. What did Ponza stand there waiting for Amalia to do, according to them in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laudisi wonder about the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. How does the Prefect respond to Laudisi's scheme in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What do the documents prove in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Where did Centuri see the Prefect in Act 2, Scene 2? What does Agazzi say?
5. What has Centuri discovered in Act 2, Scene 1 regarding Ponza's village?
6. What does Dina say, granting that Ponza's choice of living space wasn't intentional?
7. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are presented with in Act 2, Scene 1? How does Agazzi respond?
8. How does Signora Frola respond to Ponza in Act 2, Scene 8? What do the women do?
9. What does Laudisi do alone in the room after the others have left in Act 2?
10. What is Signora Frola's reason for not accepted guests in Act 1, Scene 4? What do the townspeople ask her regarding this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Signora Ponza. Who is this character "ultimately?" How is her appearance the climax of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Paradox" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. What is the ultimate paradox in the play? How is this illuminated? Where is this paradox presented in the play?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)