|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
2. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
3. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is above Ponza at his office?
5. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
3. What about the documents makes them unreliable?
4. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
5. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
6. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
7. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
8. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
9. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
10. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Judgement of Others" as a theme in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss who you think is the "mad one" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Why? Use examples from the text to support your belief.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the moral of Right You Are, If You Think You Are as a parable. What are the elements of parable? How are the characters and realism portrayed in this genre?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)