|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Who is Ponza always seen with?
3. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who is Amalia married to?
5. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laudisi remark about Signora Frola's visit in Act 1, Scene 4? How do the others feel?
2. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
3. What does Laudisi say must be justified in the complaint the women have in Act 1, Scene 1? What is their response?
4. What does Laudisi say of the documents in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he suggest to Centuri?
5. What about the documents makes them unreliable?
6. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are presented with in Act 2, Scene 1? How does Agazzi respond?
7. What do the documents prove in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What does Dina liken the situation to in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi respond?
9. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
10. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of both Tragedy and Comedy within Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Which elements of the play are Tragic? Which are Comic?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Laudisi as the role of the Raisonneur. What does this term mean? How does it apply to Laudisi? Give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss who you think is the "mad one" in Right You Are, If You Think You Are. Why? Use examples from the text to support your belief.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)