|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agazzi's position?
2. Who does the Butler show in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sirelli and his wife.
(b) Cenora Laudisi.
(c) Senora Canelli.
(d) Senora Ponza.
3. Who is Amalia married to?
4. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Victrola.
5. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed the village Ponza comes from?
2. How many times does Dina say that she and Amalia have attempted to visit Senora Frola?
3. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
4. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
5. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prefect say to Ponza in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. How does Signora Sirelli feel about the drama in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she remark on Laudisi?
4. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
5. What does Ponza do in Act 2, Scene 8, when he sees Signora Frola?
6. What does Signora Frola say when she enters in Act 3? Why does she feel this way?
7. What does Laudisi suggest to Dina about the door in Act 2, Scene 6? Why?
8. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
9. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
10. Why does Signora Frola apologize in Act 1, Scene 4? What is the reaction?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)