|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laudisi ask Sirelli to do once he's come to the center of the room to him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Touch him.
2. What did Ponza say about his mother-in-law, according to Amalia, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She had left.
(b) She was not well.
(c) She was not coming.
(d) She was out.
3. What is Agazzi's position?
4. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(a) Two of them.
(b) One of them.
(c) All of them.
5. Who has arrived along with the Sirellis in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Zini.
(b) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Cini.
(d) Signora Ponza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Laudisi say to the others is useless in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ponza react to the Prefect's suggestion? What is the Prefect's response?
2. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
3. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
4. What do Amalia and Dina say regarding Ponza and his mother-in-law's relationship in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Laudisi say of the documents in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he suggest to Centuri?
6. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are presented with in Act 2, Scene 1? How does Agazzi respond?
7. What does Sirelli tell his wife about Amalia in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he feel about the gossip?
8. Where did Centuri see the Prefect in Act 2, Scene 2? What does Agazzi say?
9. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
10. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)