|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Signora Frola say she and her daughter choose not to see one another in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) For each other's sake.
(b) For her sanity.
(c) For Ponza's sake.
(d) For her health.
2. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
3. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
(b) Signora Frola.
4. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(a) All of them.
(c) One of them.
(d) Two of them.
5. How long does Signora Frola say her daughter has been married to Ponza?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Nine years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
3. What did Ponza stand there waiting for Amalia to do, according to them in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is above Ponza at his office?
5. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Signora Frola say when she enters in Act 3? Why does she feel this way?
2. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
3. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
4. What did Agazzi tell the Prefect in Act 1, Scene 2? What was the Prefect's response?
5. What is the plan Agazzi devises to bring Ponza and his mother-in-law together in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Where did Centuri see the Prefect in Act 2, Scene 2? What does Agazzi say?
7. What about the documents makes them unreliable?
8. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
9. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
10. Why does Signora Frola apologize in Act 1, Scene 4? What is the reaction?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)