|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) One year ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
2. Who did not receive Amalia and Dina when they paid a visit?
(a) Signora Cini.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Ponza.
3. What does Laudisi say to the others is useless in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their ambilalence.
(b) Their anger.
(c) Their curiosity.
(d) Their hostility.
4. What does the Ponza family always wear?
(d) Juniper berries.
5. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(b) One of them.
(c) Two of them.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We come here as to the fountain, two poor women athirst for news?"
2. Who arrives in Act 1, Scene 5 after Signora Frola exits?
3. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
5. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amalia think of the scheme in Act 2, Scene 5? Why?
2. What is the reaction the townspeople have to Laudisi in Act 1, Scene 2? How do they act on this?
3. What does Laudisi do alone in the room after the others have left in Act 2?
4. What does Sirelli suggest for determining the truth?
5. What does Laudisi tell the townspeople in Act 1, Scene 2 about the truth of the situation?
6. What is Laudisi's take on proof by documentation?
7. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Laudisi say of the documents in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he suggest to Centuri?
9. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
10. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)