|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has arrived along with the Sirellis in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Zini.
(d) Signora Frola.
2. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
(d) Put down.
3. What does Sirelli call Ponza in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A goat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A gold-mine.
(d) A boor.
4. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
(a) She is at home.
(b) She left him.
(c) She died.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
5. Who calls Ponza's behavior cruelty in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Signora Ponza.
(c) Signora Frola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Agazzi's daughter?
2. In whose house does Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 take place?
3. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is notable about the courtyard at the building where Ponza lives?
5. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the documents prove in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
3. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
5. What does Laudisi do alone in the room after the others have left in Act 2?
6. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
7. What does Dina tell the women in Act 2, Scene 4 regarding Signora Frola? What have they seen?
8. What does Laudisi suggest about the Prefect in Act 3?
9. What is Laudisi's take on proof by documentation?
10. Who has refused to receive Amalia in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Amalia know about this person?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)