|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Ponza's behavior cruelty in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Ponza.
2. Who does the Butler show in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sirelli and his wife.
(b) Cenora Laudisi.
(c) Senora Ponza.
(d) Senora Canelli.
3. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
(b) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Cini.
4. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who insists everyone be seated before the guests arrive?
(b) The Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. Who is Amalia married to?
3. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Sirelli call Ponza in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ponza overhear his mother-in-law say in the other room which upsets him in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
3. How does Laudisi greet Centuri in Act 3? What does Centuri present to him?
4. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
5. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
6. What is Signora Frola's reason for not accepted guests in Act 1, Scene 4? What do the townspeople ask her regarding this?
7. What does Dina tell the women in Act 2, Scene 4 regarding Signora Frola? What have they seen?
8. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
9. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
10. What does Ponza do in Act 2, Scene 8, when he sees Signora Frola?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)