|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the door earlier that day when Amalia rang for Senora Frola?
(b) The Butler.
(c) The sister.
(d) Senora Frola.
2. How old is Dina?
3. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "The truth, my dear, is that, with a husband who always claims to know everything, I never manage to know anything?"
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Bologna.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Sirelli.
5. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Laudisi.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Sirelli.
(d) Signora Frola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
2. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who says, "As a daughter, I don't claim my mother would climb ninety or a hundred stairs for me, but I wouldn't be satisfied with seeing her, without feeling her near me?"
4. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
5. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Signora Frola respond to Ponza in Act 2, Scene 8? What do the women do?
2. What does Laudisi suggest about the mother-in-law and Ponza in Act 1, Scene 1? How do the women respond?
3. What does Laudisi tell the townspeople in Act 1, Scene 2 about the truth of the situation?
4. How does Signora Frola respond to Sirelli's comment that it is Ponza who bars her from seeing her daughter in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
6. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
7. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
8. What has Centuri discovered in Act 2, Scene 1 regarding Ponza's village?
9. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are doing to themselves in Act 1, Scene 2? What is his ongoing point throughout the play, as he says it in this scene?
10. Where did Centuri see the Prefect in Act 2, Scene 2? What does Agazzi say?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)