|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
(a) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Cini.
2. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Call Ponza.
(c) Eat dinner.
3. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
(a) Signora Victrola.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
4. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
5. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) The Butler leads her inside.
(b) Bells ring.
(c) Sirelli appears.
(d) Ponza appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
2. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
3. Who says, "As a daughter, I don't claim my mother would climb ninety or a hundred stairs for me, but I wouldn't be satisfied with seeing her, without feeling her near me?"
4. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
5. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest about the Prefect in Act 3?
2. What does Laudisi do alone in the room after the others have left in Act 2?
3. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
4. Who has refused to receive Amalia in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Amalia know about this person?
5. How does Signora Frola say she communicates with her daughter? How do they feel about this arrangement?
6. What does Laudisi tell the Sirellis regarding their argument with one another?
7. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are doing to themselves in Act 1, Scene 2? What is his ongoing point throughout the play, as he says it in this scene?
8. What is Laudisi's take on proof by documentation?
9. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
10. How does Signora Sirelli feel about the drama in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she remark on Laudisi?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)