|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
(a) Signora Victrola.
(d) Signora Agazzi.
2. Who says, "We come here as to the fountain, two poor women athirst for news?"
(a) Signora Lubini.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Ponza.
(d) Signora Dubelli.
3. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
(a) She sneers at her.
(b) She laughs at her.
(c) She says she doesn't like her.
(d) She apologizes.
4. What destroyed the village Ponza comes from?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A fire.
(d) A tornado.
5. What blinds the mother-in-law while she's talking to her daughter?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her veil.
(c) Her ignorance.
(d) The sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Signor Sirelli say Ponza keeps under lock and key?
2. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
3. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
4. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
5. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
2. What does Ponza make of the piano music in Act 2, Scene 7? Why?
3. How does Signora Sirelli feel about the drama in Act 2, Scene 2? What does she remark on Laudisi?
4. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
5. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
6. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
7. What does Signora Sirelli say that she always is? How does Laudisi respond to her argument?
8. What does Sirelli suggest for determining the truth?
9. What is the plan Agazzi devises to bring Ponza and his mother-in-law together in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does Laudisi wonder about the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)