Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
(a) To keep her away from his wife.
(b) To have an affair with her.
(c) To flatter her.
(d) To bother them.
2. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
3. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother-in-law.
4. Who is above Ponza at his office?
5. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Laudisi.
(b) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Sirelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agazzi's position?
2. Who is Laudisi related to?
3. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
4. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
5. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
3. What about the documents makes them unreliable?
4. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
5. Why does Signora Sirelli tell Amalia they've come in Act 1, Scene 2? What does Amalia tell them?
6. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
7. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
8. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
9. What does Ponza ask of the Prefect as a condition that he present his wife? Why?
10. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)