|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
2. Who has arrived along with the Sirellis in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Zini.
(c) Signora Ponza.
(d) Signora Cini.
3. What did Amalia say to Ponza at the door in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) That she came to see his mother-in-law.
(c) That she brought bread.
4. Who is Laudisi related to?
5. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
2. Who insists everyone be seated before the guests arrive?
3. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who has seen Ponza's wife in the village in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Agazzi tell the Prefect in Act 1, Scene 2? What was the Prefect's response?
2. What exposition is provided by the gossip in Act 1, Scene 2 regarding the Ponzis' past?
3. Why does Signora Frola apologize in Act 1, Scene 4? What is the reaction?
4. How does Signora Frola respond to Ponza in Act 2, Scene 8? What do the women do?
5. What does Laudisi say must be justified in the complaint the women have in Act 1, Scene 1? What is their response?
6. What do Amalia and Dina say regarding Ponza and his mother-in-law's relationship in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is the plan Agazzi devises to bring Ponza and his mother-in-law together in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What does Ponza do in Act 2, Scene 8, when he sees Signora Frola?
9. How does Signora Frola say she communicates with her daughter? How do they feel about this arrangement?
10. What does Laudisi tell the Sirellis regarding their argument with one another?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)