|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Agazzi.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Laudisi.
(d) Signora Frola.
2. Who calls Ponza's behavior cruelty in Act 1, Scene 4?
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Ponza.
3. Who came to the door earlier that day when Amalia rang for Senora Frola?
(b) Senora Frola.
(c) The Butler.
(d) The sister.
4. Who says, "As a daughter, I don't claim my mother would climb ninety or a hundred stairs for me, but I wouldn't be satisfied with seeing her, without feeling her near me?"
(b) Signora Ponza.
(c) Signora Frola.
5. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(a) One of them.
(b) Two of them.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
2. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
3. Who is Amalia married to?
4. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "I thought she was trying to protect her son-in-law from suspicion. That seemed to be the whole aim of her visit?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laudisi tell the Sirellis regarding their argument with one another?
2. How does Signora Frola explain her daughter's behavior in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Where did Centuri see the Prefect in Act 2, Scene 2? What does Agazzi say?
4. What does Dina tell the women in Act 2, Scene 4 regarding Signora Frola? What have they seen?
5. What did Agazzi tell the Prefect in Act 1, Scene 2? What was the Prefect's response?
6. What are some of the sacrifices Ponza speaks of having endured because of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5?
7. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
8. How does Signora Frola respond to Ponza in Act 2, Scene 8? What do the women do?
9. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are presented with in Act 2, Scene 1? How does Agazzi respond?
10. What does Laudisi wonder about the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)