|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
(c) Incapatability of character.
2. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
3. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His sister.
5. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every evening.
(c) Once every three days.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
2. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
4. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
5. What does Laudisi say to the others is useless in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Signora Frola respond to Ponza in Act 2, Scene 8? What do the women do?
2. What does Laudisi say of the documents in Act 3, Scene 1? What does he suggest to Centuri?
3. What does Laudisi suggest to Dina about the door in Act 2, Scene 6? Why?
4. What do the Sirellis argue about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Dina say, granting that Ponza's choice of living space wasn't intentional?
6. How does communication transpire from the Ponzas' apartment? What does this lead Amalia to believe?
7. What does Laudisi do alone in the room after the others have left in Act 2?
8. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
9. What did Agazzi tell the Prefect in Act 1, Scene 2? What was the Prefect's response?
10. What does Dina say about the piano heard offstage in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)