|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Misola.
(c) Signora Frola.
2. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
(a) There's something kind in it.
(b) There's something bad in it.
(c) It is twisted.
(d) It is black.
3. Who calls Ponza's behavior cruelty in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Frola.
4. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
(a) Asking the neighbors to spy.
(b) Uncorking wine after dinner.
(c) Putting the cook's shoes on the table.
(d) Burning dinner.
5. Who does the Butler show in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Senora Canelli.
(b) Sirelli and his wife.
(c) Senora Ponza.
(d) Cenora Laudisi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
2. What is Ponza's apartment overlooking?
3. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
5. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prefect say to Ponza in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. What does Sirelli suggest for determining the truth?
3. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are doing to themselves in Act 1, Scene 2? What is his ongoing point throughout the play, as he says it in this scene?
4. What has Centuri discovered in Act 2, Scene 1 regarding Ponza's village?
5. How does Laudisi greet Centuri in Act 3? What does Centuri present to him?
6. Why does Signora Frola apologize in Act 1, Scene 4? What is the reaction?
7. What does Laudisi suggest everyone accept as the truth? Why?
8. What does Laudisi say must be justified in the complaint the women have in Act 1, Scene 1? What is their response?
9. What is the plan Agazzi devises to bring Ponza and his mother-in-law together in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What is the reaction the townspeople have to Laudisi in Act 1, Scene 2? How do they act on this?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)