|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
(b) Incapatability of character.
2. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) She is mad.
(b) She is evil.
(c) She is lovely.
(d) She is hateful.
3. What does Laudisi say to the others is useless in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their anger.
(b) Their curiosity.
(c) Their ambilalence.
(d) Their hostility.
4. What goes up and down between Signora Frola and her daughter by ropes?
5. Who has arrived along with the Sirellis in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Zini.
(d) Signora Frola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did not receive Amalia and Dina when they paid a visit?
2. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
4. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
2. What is Ponza's story of the situation in Act 1, Scene 5? What does Signora Frola believe in his story?
3. What does Laudisi suggest about the Prefect in Act 3?
4. What does Laudisi tell the Sirellis regarding their argument with one another?
5. How does Signora Frola respond to Sirelli's comment that it is Ponza who bars her from seeing her daughter in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. Who has refused to receive Amalia in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Amalia know about this person?
7. What does Laudisi wonder about the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What does Sirelli tell his wife about Amalia in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he feel about the gossip?
9. What does Signora Sirelli say that she always is? How does Laudisi respond to her argument?
10. How does Signora Cini react to Laudisi's teasing in Act 2, Scene 3? What does he tell her is sure?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)