|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
(c) Signora Frola.
2. What does Ponza say his second wife's name is?
3. Who is Agazzi speaking to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who goes to intercept the Prefect in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) Signora Frola.
5. What does Ponza do immediately after Signora Frola has left in Act 2, Scene 9?
(c) Plays the harp.
6. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to him in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Denying him.
(b) Stealing from him.
(c) Chastising him.
(d) Ruining him.
7. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. Who does Agazzi ask to stay with him to meet the Prefect in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Amalia and Dina.
(b) Signora Frola and Ponza.
(c) Sirelli and Laudisi.
(d) Amalia and Laudisi.
9. What does Ponza yell at Signora Frola to do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(b) Go to his wife.
(c) Play the harp.
(d) Play the piano.
10. Who does the document say specifically was in a sanitorium?
(a) The gentleman.
(b) The daughter.
(c) The mother.
(d) The lady.
11. Who goes to fetch the ladies in Act 2, Scene 7?
12. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 3?
13. What does Laudisi say that Signora Frola has created for Ponza, or he for her?
(a) A house.
(b) A lie.
(c) A love.
(d) A fantasy.
14. Who does Sirilli insist was in a sanitorium?
(a) The mother.
(b) The sister.
(d) The daughter.
15. Who does Agazzi suggest that the Prefect is going to meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) Signora Ponza.
(d) Signora Frola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laughs at the end of Act 2?
2. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who says, "Then--neither of them is mad? But, damn it, one of them must be!"?
4. Why do the townspeople suggest Laudisi is telling them contradictory stories?
5. What does Laudisi announce that the documents state in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)