|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agazzi speaking to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who goes to fetch the ladies in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What does Laudisi say that Signora Frola has created for Ponza, or he for her?
(a) A house.
(b) A lie.
(c) A love.
(d) A fantasy.
4. Why does Dina invite Laudisi into the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) To spy on her father.
(b) To hear Signora Frola.
(c) To have crumpets.
(d) To hear Ponza.
5. What two things does Laudisi say that they (the townspeople) are faced with in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Fantasy and reality.
(b) Honesty and betrayal.
(c) Truth and lies.
(d) Lies and madness.
6. Who does Laudisi say the Prefect must speak to in order for the truth to be told?
(b) The mother.
(c) The wife.
7. What does Ponza yell at Signora Frola to do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Play the harp.
(d) Go to his wife.
8. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) Letters from the hospital.
(c) Letters from her daughter.
(d) A birth certificate.
9. What does Ponza do immediately after Signora Frola has left in Act 2, Scene 9?
(b) Plays the harp.
10. Who does the Butler bring in at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) Signora Frola.
11. Where does Agazzi suggest everyone go in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The music room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The closet.
12. Who does Ponza say is hurt by the playing of the tune in Act 2, Scene 7?
(c) His wife.
(d) Signora Frola.
13. What did Ponza do before to the piano, as he says in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Sold it.
(b) Smashed it.
(c) Played it.
(d) Burned it.
14. Who does Agazzi bring into the parlor in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
15. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are proof.
(b) They are solid.
(c) They are strange.
(d) They are useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dina say must be playing music in the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Who laughs at the end of Act 2?
3. How does the Police Commissioner respond to Laudisi's request in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. To whose house does Agazzi send the women to visit in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)