|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luadisi say to believe in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Both of them.
2. What does Laudisi tell the women has been found in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The marriage license.
(b) The death certificate.
(c) The insanity papers.
(d) The sun.
3. Laudisi says that all he knows is what?
(a) His mind.
(b) His heart.
(c) What they tell him.
4. Why do the townspeople suggest Laudisi is telling them contradictory stories?
(a) To tell the truth.
(b) To lie.
(c) To present all possibilities.
(d) To make fun of them.
5. What does Laudisi suggest may be the case with the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She doesn't exist.
(b) She's left town.
(c) She's a liar.
(d) She's a man.
6. What does Laudisi ask that he go on doing when the townspeople have finished in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Forge a document.
(b) Give him a list.
(c) Go back and get proof.
(d) Leave at once.
8. Who is Agazzi speaking to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Letters from the hospital.
(b) Letters from her daughter.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A marriage certificate.
10. Who says they didn't sleep a wink last night for curiosity in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Sirelli.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Frola.
11. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
(d) Signora Frola.
12. Who does Ponza say is hurt by the playing of the tune in Act 2, Scene 7?
(c) His wife.
(d) Signora Frola.
13. How long are the women to make their visit for, and no longer in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
14. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
15. What does Ponza yell at Signora Frola to do in Act 2, Scene 8?
(b) Play the harp.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Go to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what opera is the music playing in the music room?
2. Who does the Butler bring in at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who does Dina say must be playing music in the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who does Sirilli insist was in a sanitorium?
5. Who does Signora Cini guess is the mad one in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)