|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the document say specifically was in a sanitorium?
(a) The gentleman.
(b) The lady.
(c) The mother.
(d) The daughter.
2. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are proof.
(b) They are solid.
(c) They are strange.
(d) They are useless.
3. What does Ponza say about his second wife in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) She can't play piano.
(b) She can't dance.
(c) She can't sing.
(d) She can't play the harp.
4. Who does Signora Cini guess is the mad one in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Frola.
5. From what opera is the music playing in the music room?
(a) Nina Mad Through Love.
(b) Lofnini Organzia Overta.
(c) Pugnatiora Tora.
(d) Nonini Water Scenes.
6. Who does the Police Commissioner demand to see at once in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Who is Agazzi speaking to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What two things does Laudisi say that they (the townspeople) are faced with in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Lies and madness.
(b) Fantasy and reality.
(c) Honesty and betrayal.
(d) Truth and lies.
9. Where does Agazzi suggest everyone go in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The music room.
(c) The closet.
(d) The dining room.
10. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Letters from the hospital.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Letters from her daughter.
(d) A marriage certificate.
11. Who says, "Then--neither of them is mad? But, damn it, one of them must be!"?
12. Who does Laudisi say the Prefect must speak to in order for the truth to be told?
(a) The mother.
(c) The wife.
13. What sound is heard from the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A cello.
(d) A flute.
14. Who says, "There may be no precise facts, the proofs may be missing, but the truth--the truth must be on one side or the other?"
(c) Signora Frola.
15. What is Sirelli's role in the setup in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To come fetch his daughter.
(b) To pay a routine visit.
(c) To pick up some papers.
(d) To come get his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ponza act in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. Who does Dina say she believes is mad in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who goes to fetch the ladies in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. To whose house does Agazzi send the women to visit in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Signora Sirelli say she won't do with Laudisi in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)