|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Police Commissioner?
(d) Di Carlo.
2. Who does the Police Commissioner demand to see at once in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Ponza claim he was doing in Act 2, Scene 9, regarding his tears?
(a) Being honest.
(c) Berating them.
4. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who does Signora Cini guess is the mad one in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Signora Frola.
6. Who does Agazzi suggest that the Prefect is going to meet in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Ponza.
7. What does Laudisi suggest Dina do about the doors in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Close them.
(b) Leave them ajar.
(c) Hide behind them.
(d) Leave them open.
8. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Forge a document.
(b) Go back and get proof.
(c) Leave at once.
(d) Give him a list.
9. What two things does Laudisi say that they (the townspeople) are faced with in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Fantasy and reality.
(b) Honesty and betrayal.
(c) Truth and lies.
(d) Lies and madness.
10. What is Sirelli's role in the setup in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To pay a routine visit.
(b) To come fetch his daughter.
(c) To pick up some papers.
(d) To come get his wife.
11. To whose house does Agazzi send the women to visit in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Signora Frola.
12. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A marriage certificate.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Letters from her daughter.
(d) Letters from the hospital.
13. What name does Signora Frola give for her daughter in Act 2, Scene 7?
14. What does Laudisi suggest may be the case with the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She's left town.
(b) She's a liar.
(c) She doesn't exist.
(d) She's a man.
15. How does the Police Commissioner respond to Laudisi's request in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dina invite Laudisi into the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How does Ponza act in Act 2, Scene 8?
3. Who does Dina say must be playing music in the music room in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What does Laudisi say that Signora Frola has created for Ponza, or he for her?
5. Who says, "At best a document might do you some good, it could satisfy your foolish curiosity?"
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)