|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Signora Cini guess is the mad one in Act 2, Scene 4?
(b) Signora Frola.
2. Who does the Police Commissioner demand to see at once in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Letters from her daughter.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Letters from the hospital.
(d) A marriage certificate.
4. What does Laudisi tell the women has been found in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The death certificate.
(b) The marriage license.
(c) The insanity papers.
(d) The sun.
5. What does Laudisi ask that he go on doing when the townspeople have finished in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What name does Signora Frola give for her daughter in Act 2, Scene 7?
7. Who says, "Excuse me for saying so, but if you're all so convinced that Signora Frola is right, what more do you want?"
8. How long are the women to make their visit for, and no longer in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Two hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
9. Who says, "Then--neither of them is mad? But, damn it, one of them must be!"?
10. Who says, "The authority of the Prefect will do the trick. When she's alone with him she'll undoubtedly explain how things really are?"
(d) Signora Frola.
11. Where does Agazzi suggest everyone go in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The closet.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The music room.
12. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are strange.
(b) They are proof.
(c) They are solid.
(d) They are useless.
13. Who does Dina say she believes is mad in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Frola.
14. What does Signora Sirelli say she won't do with Laudisi in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Go to town.
(c) Shake hands.
(d) Pay a visit.
15. How does Ponza act in Act 2, Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "It was a necessary remedy for the harm you had done her, with your compassion. Of course you didn't intend it. You didn't even know?"
2. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "There may be no precise facts, the proofs may be missing, but the truth--the truth must be on one side or the other?"
5. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)