|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Laudisi suggest the Police Commissioner do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Forge a document.
(b) Give him a list.
(c) Go back and get proof.
(d) Leave at once.
3. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to the others when saying his wife's name?
4. What name does Signora Frola give for her daughter in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Laudisi says that all he knows is what?
(a) His mind.
(c) His heart.
(d) What they tell him.
6. What does Ponza accuse Signora Frola of doing to him in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Ruining him.
(b) Denying him.
(c) Chastising him.
(d) Stealing from him.
7. Who does Amalia say is most certainly the mad one in Act 2, Scene 6?
(c) Signora Frola.
8. What does Ponza say the townspeople are doing to Signora Frola?
(a) Amazing her.
(b) Ruining her.
(c) Humiliating her.
(d) Applauding her.
9. What did Ponza do before to the piano, as he says in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Sold it.
(b) Smashed it.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Played it.
10. How long are the women to make their visit for, and no longer in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
11. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are strange.
(b) They are useless.
(c) They are solid.
(d) They are proof.
12. From what opera is the music playing in the music room?
(a) Nina Mad Through Love.
(b) Nonini Water Scenes.
(c) Lofnini Organzia Overta.
(d) Pugnatiora Tora.
13. What does Laudisi ask that he go on doing when the townspeople have finished in Act 2, Scene 1?
14. What does Laudisi say the townspeople are when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 3?
15. Which character is introduced in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Nenni.
(b) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Ponza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "There may be no precise facts, the proofs may be missing, but the truth--the truth must be on one side or the other?"
2. What does Laudisi suggest may be the case with the wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Where does Agazzi suggest everyone go in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who says they didn't sleep a wink last night for curiosity in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)