|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dina?
2. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How long does Signora Frola say her daughter has been married to Ponza?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
(c) Incapatability of character.
5. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) She is hateful.
(b) She is lovely.
(c) She is mad.
(d) She is evil.
6. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
(c) Signora Sirelli.
(d) Signora Cini.
7. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
(a) She left him.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She is at home.
(d) She died.
8. What does Dina compare Ponza's eyes to in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A wild beast.
(d) A doctor.
9. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
10. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
(a) There's something kind in it.
(b) It is black.
(c) There's something bad in it.
(d) It is twisted.
11. What is Agazzi's position?
12. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
13. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
14. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
15. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Signor Pafunda.
(b) Dr. Mancini.
(c) Signor Capello.
(d) The Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ponza stand there waiting for Amalia to do, according to them in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
3. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is Amalia married to?
5. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)