|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She's in love.
(b) She's sick.
(c) She's a hypochondriac.
(d) She hates the town.
2. What does Laudisi ask Sirelli to do once he's come to the center of the room to him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Kiss him.
(d) Touch him.
3. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
(a) She died.
(b) She left him.
(c) She had a nervous breakdown.
(d) She is at home.
4. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) One year ago.
5. What did Ponza stand there waiting for Amalia to do, according to them in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Get tea.
(c) Come in.
(d) Take a drive.
6. Who does Signor Sirelli say Ponza keeps under lock and key?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(d) His wife.
7. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Who has Agazzi run to in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Governor.
(b) Signor Sirelli.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Priest.
9. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) Ponza appears.
(b) The Butler leads her inside.
(c) Bells ring.
(d) Sirelli appears.
10. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Laudisi.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Sirelli.
(d) Signora Frola.
11. What does Sirelli call Ponza in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A boor.
(b) A gold-mine.
(c) A goat.
(d) A monkey.
12. What goes up and down between Signora Frola and her daughter by ropes?
13. Who does Signora Frola say was taken to a sanitarium in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her son.
14. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
(a) She apologizes.
(b) She sneers at her.
(c) She says she doesn't like her.
(d) She laughs at her.
15. In whose house does Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
2. How long does Signora Frola say her daughter has been married to Ponza?
3. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
4. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)