|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the courtyard at the building where Ponza lives?
(a) It is dark.
(b) It is vast.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is filled with peaches.
2. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
(a) Putting the cook's shoes on the table.
(b) Uncorking wine after dinner.
(c) Burning dinner.
(d) Asking the neighbors to spy.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Mancini.
(b) Signora Ponza.
(c) Signora Zici.
(d) Signora Frola.
4. Who does Signora Frola say was taken to a sanitarium in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
5. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(b) One of them.
(c) Two of them.
(d) All of them.
6. What did Ponza say upon answering the door to Amalia?
(a) I love you.
(d) Leave us.
7. Who did not receive Amalia and Dina when they paid a visit?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Cini.
(d) Signora Ponza.
8. What did Ponza say about his mother-in-law, according to Amalia, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She was not coming.
(b) She was out.
(c) She had left.
(d) She was not well.
9. What did Amalia say to Ponza at the door in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she brought bread.
(c) That she came to see his mother-in-law.
10. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) Ten years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Four years ago.
11. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
12. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
(a) She died.
(b) She left him.
(c) She is at home.
(d) She had a nervous breakdown.
13. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Cini.
14. Who is Amalia married to?
15. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has arrived along with the Sirellis in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Dina say is arriving at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
4. What does Dina compare Ponza's eyes to in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)