|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose house does Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 take place?
2. What is Ponza's apartment overlooking?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The church.
(d) The firefield.
3. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her sister.
4. Where is Ponza's apartment where he lives?
(a) The center of town.
(b) The next town away.
(c) The castle.
(d) The edge of town.
5. Who arrives in Act 1, Scene 5 after Signora Frola exits?
(c) Signora Ponza.
6. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of a sailor.
(b) The wife of a hero.
(c) The wife of a superior.
(d) The wife of the governor.
7. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Who does Signor Sirelli say Ponza keeps under lock and key?
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
9. Who insists everyone be seated before the guests arrive?
(c) The Butler.
10. How many children does Signora Frola say that her daughter has?
11. What did Amalia say to Ponza at the door in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) That she brought bread.
(d) That she came to see his mother-in-law.
12. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
13. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His dog.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His sister.
14. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
(a) Her daughter's divorce.
(b) Her daughter's death.
(c) The pretense of a second wedding.
(d) Her daughter's humiliation.
15. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Sirelli.
(d) Signora Laudisi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi ask Sirelli to do once he's come to the center of the room to him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is above Ponza at his office?
3. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
4. What is Agazzi's position?
5. How long does Signora Frola say her daughter has been married to Ponza?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)