|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agazzi's daughter?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Ponza.
2. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
(a) The pretense of a second wedding.
(b) Her daughter's divorce.
(c) Her daughter's death.
(d) Her daughter's humiliation.
3. What goes up and down between Signora Frola and her daughter by ropes?
4. What does Laudisi say to the others is useless in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Their hostility.
(b) Their curiosity.
(c) Their ambilalence.
(d) Their anger.
5. Who is above Ponza at his office?
6. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
(a) From the courtyard.
(b) By telephone.
(c) Letters from afar.
(d) From the terrace.
7. Who says that she's herself and that's that?
(a) Signora Sirella.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(c) Signora Ponza.
8. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His dog.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His sister.
9. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of the governor.
(b) The wife of a superior.
(c) The wife of a sailor.
(d) The wife of a hero.
10. Who says, "The truth, my dear, is that, with a husband who always claims to know everything, I never manage to know anything?"
(a) Signora Agazzi.
(b) Signora Ponza.
(c) Signora Sirelli.
(d) Signora Bologna.
11. Who insists everyone be seated before the guests arrive?
(d) The Butler.
12. Who has Agazzi run to in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Signor Sirelli.
(b) The Governor.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Priest.
13. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Laudisi.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Agazzi.
14. What did Ponza say about his mother-in-law, according to Amalia, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She was not coming.
(b) She had left.
(c) She was out.
(d) She was not well.
15. What does Dina compare Ponza's eyes to in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A wild beast.
(d) A gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
2. How old is Dina?
3. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
5. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)