|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Signora Frola say that her daughter has?
2. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
(a) Signora Frola.
3. Who says, "You don't mean to say you understand it if a mother--unable to bear being away from the daughter--follows her and then is compelled to live apart from her in a city where after all she's a stranger too?"
4. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
(d) Incapatability of character.
5. Who says, "As a daughter, I don't claim my mother would climb ninety or a hundred stairs for me, but I wouldn't be satisfied with seeing her, without feeling her near me?"
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Ponza.
6. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) Signora Ponza.
(c) Signora Misola.
(d) Signora Frola.
7. Who does Signora Frola say was taken to a sanitarium in Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) Her daughter.
(d) Her son.
8. Who says, "Or do you think the old lady should have asked your permission? Just because your father is above her son-in-law?"
9. Who is Laudisi related to?
10. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
(a) She is at home.
(b) She had a nervous breakdown.
(c) She died.
(d) She left him.
11. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) She is hateful.
(b) She is evil.
(c) She is lovely.
(d) She is mad.
12. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) Bells ring.
(b) The Butler leads her inside.
(c) Ponza appears.
(d) Sirelli appears.
13. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Call Ponza.
(d) Eat dinner.
14. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
(b) Put down.
15. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
3. Who did not receive Amalia and Dina when they paid a visit?
4. Whose name does Laudisi forget several times in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)