|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of a hero.
(b) The wife of a superior.
(c) The wife of a sailor.
(d) The wife of the governor.
2. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
(a) Signora Victrola.
(b) Signora Agazzi.
3. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
4. Who says, "I thought she was trying to protect her son-in-law from suspicion. That seemed to be the whole aim of her visit?"
5. Who does Dina say is arriving at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Her nephew.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
6. How many times does Dina say that she and Amalia have attempted to visit Senora Frola?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
7. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His dog.
8. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
(a) She laughs at her.
(b) She apologizes.
(c) She sneers at her.
(d) She says she doesn't like her.
9. Who says, "The truth, my dear, is that, with a husband who always claims to know everything, I never manage to know anything?"
(a) Signora Agazzi.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Bologna.
(d) Signora Ponza.
10. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Zici.
(c) Signora Mancini.
(d) Signora Frola.
11. Who is above Ponza at his office?
12. What does the Ponza family always wear?
(d) Juniper berries.
13. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
14. How old is Dina?
15. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
(a) Every evening.
(b) Once every three days.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
2. What is notable about the courtyard at the building where Ponza lives?
3. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
5. Where is the village the Ponzas are from?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)