|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Agazzi.
(b) Signora Laudisi.
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Sirelli.
2. What blinds the mother-in-law while she's talking to her daughter?
(a) Her ignorance.
(b) Her veil.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) The sunlight.
3. Who says, "We come here as to the fountain, two poor women athirst for news?"
(a) Signora Sirelli.
(b) Signora Dubelli.
(c) Signora Ponza.
(d) Signora Lubini.
4. What does Dina compare Ponza's eyes to in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A wild beast.
5. Who says, "Or do you think the old lady should have asked your permission? Just because your father is above her son-in-law?"
6. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
(a) Her daughter's divorce.
(b) Her daughter's death.
(c) The pretense of a second wedding.
(d) Her daughter's humiliation.
7. How many times does Dina say that she and Amalia have attempted to visit Senora Frola?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
8. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Call Ponza.
(c) Eat dinner.
9. Where is the village the Ponzas are from?
10. Who does Signora Frola say was taken to a sanitarium in Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) Her son.
(d) Her daughter.
11. What is notable about the courtyard at the building where Ponza lives?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is filled with peaches.
(c) It is vast.
(d) It is dark.
12. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) One year ago.
(b) Ten years ago.
(c) Four years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
13. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
14. What does Signora Frola say to Amalia regarding not having paid a visit?
(a) She laughs at her.
(b) She says she doesn't like her.
(c) She sneers at her.
(d) She apologizes.
15. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once every three days.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
2. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
3. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Ponza say happened to Signora Frola's daughter?
5. What did Ponza stand there waiting for Amalia to do, according to them in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)