|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ponza's apartment where he lives?
(a) The edge of town.
(b) The next town away.
(c) The castle.
(d) The center of town.
2. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
(a) There's something kind in it.
(b) It is black.
(c) It is twisted.
(d) There's something bad in it.
3. What does Laudisi ask Sirelli to do once he's come to the center of the room to him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Touch him.
4. Who is Amalia married to?
5. Whose name does Laudisi forget several times in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Ponza.
6. What destroyed the village Ponza comes from?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A fire.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A volcano.
7. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Frola.
9. How many times does Dina say that she and Amalia have attempted to visit Senora Frola?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
10. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Call Ponza.
(d) Eat dinner.
11. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
12. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) Sirelli appears.
(b) Ponza appears.
(c) The Butler leads her inside.
(d) Bells ring.
13. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
(a) Letters from afar.
(b) By telephone.
(c) From the courtyard.
(d) From the terrace.
14. Who does Signor Sirelli say Ponza keeps under lock and key?
(a) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
15. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
2. Why does Signora Frola say she and her daughter choose not to see one another in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
4. Who is Ponza always seen with?
5. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)