|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ponza family always wear?
(a) Juniper berries.
2. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
(a) All of them.
(b) One of them.
(c) Two of them.
3. What blinds the mother-in-law while she's talking to her daughter?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) Her ignorance.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her veil.
4. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of a hero.
(b) The wife of a superior.
(c) The wife of the governor.
(d) The wife of a sailor.
5. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
6. Who has Agazzi run to in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Priest.
(b) Signor Sirelli.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Governor.
7. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
8. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her daughter.
9. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
(a) Once every three days.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every evening.
(d) Once a month.
10. Who says, "Don't tell them what you see in me, because all four will tell you you are wrong, whereas you are not wrong in the least: I really am as you see me?"
11. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
(d) Put down.
12. Who arrives at the door after Ponza leaves in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Signora Frola.
(b) Signora Misola.
(c) Signora Ponza.
13. What did Ponza say upon answering the door to Amalia?
(b) Leave us.
(c) I love you.
14. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His dog.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother-in-law.
15. Who does Signora Frola say was taken to a sanitarium in Act 1, Scene 6?
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dina tell Laudisi to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does Dina say is arriving at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
5. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)