|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dina say is arriving at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her nephew.
(d) Her uncle.
2. Who says that she's herself and that's that?
(a) Signora Sirella.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Ponza.
3. Who is above Ponza at his office?
4. Who insists everyone be seated before the guests arrive?
(d) The Butler.
5. Who says, "We come here as to the fountain, two poor women athirst for news?"
(a) Signora Ponza.
(b) Signora Sirelli.
(c) Signora Lubini.
(d) Signora Dubelli.
6. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
(a) Her daughter's death.
(b) The pretense of a second wedding.
(c) Her daughter's humiliation.
(d) Her daughter's divorce.
7. Who is Ponza's mother-in-law?
(a) Signora Sirelli.
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Frola.
(d) Signora Agazzi.
8. Who declares that Signora Frola was nearly crying after she has left in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Cini.
(d) Signora Sirelli.
9. What does Amalia say her husband claims Ponza is lacking in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her brother.
11. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
(a) To bother them.
(b) To have an affair with her.
(c) To flatter her.
(d) To keep her away from his wife.
12. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
(c) Signora Frola.
13. Who is Ponza always seen with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His dog.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His sister.
14. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
15. Who says, "What a pompous attitude! Aren't people allowed to stay home and enjoy a little privacy?"
(b) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Victrola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Signor Sirelli say Ponza keeps under lock and key?
2. Why does Laudisi suggest the wife doesn't go outdoors in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Signora Frola say that she and her daughter are with their arrangement?
4. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
5. Who has Agazzi run to in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)