Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
(a) To keep her away from his wife.
(b) To have an affair with her.
(c) To flatter her.
(d) To bother them.
2. What do they let up and down on ropes at the Ponza's house?
3. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother-in-law.
4. Who is above Ponza at his office?
5. Who says, "Excuse me, Signora, for wondering how it is... with your daughter here... after such a blow... that... it seems to me that survivors would need to stand together . . . ?"
(a) Signora Laudisi.
(b) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Agazzi.
(d) Signora Sirelli.
6. What is Agazzi's position?
7. Who is Laudisi related to?
8. What does Signora Frola say that she and her friends arranged?
(a) Her daughter's divorce.
(b) The pretense of a second wedding.
(c) Her daughter's death.
(d) Her daughter's humiliation.
9. Which character asks Signora Frola if she climbs all the stairs twice a day in Act 1 Scene 4?
10. What does Dina compare to the Ponza's strange behavior?
(a) Putting the cook's shoes on the table.
(b) Uncorking wine after dinner.
(c) Burning dinner.
(d) Asking the neighbors to spy.
11. What did Ponza say upon answering the door to Amalia?
(a) I love you.
(c) Leave us.
12. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of a hero.
(b) The wife of a sailor.
(c) The wife of the governor.
(d) The wife of a superior.
13. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her daughter.
14. Why does Signora Frola say she and her daughter choose not to see one another in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) For Ponza's sake.
(b) For her health.
(c) For her sanity.
(d) For each other's sake.
15. In whose house does Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirelli call Ponza in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who came to the door earlier that day when Amalia rang for Senora Frola?
3. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
4. Who does Dina say is arriving at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How many relatives does Signora Frola say they lost in the disaster?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)