Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who has refused to receive Amalia in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Amalia know about this person?
2. What does Laudisi ask the women about their complain in Act 1, Scene 1? What do they reply?
3. What does Laudisi say must be justified in the complaint the women have in Act 1, Scene 1? What is their response?
4. How does Amalia explain the living situation of the Ponzas?
5. How does communication transpire from the Ponzas' apartment? What does this lead Amalia to believe?
6. What does Dina liken the situation to in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi respond?
7. What does Dina say, granting that Ponza's choice of living space wasn't intentional?
8. What does Amalia suggest about the daughter and the mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 1? How does Laudisi reply?
9. What do Amalia and Dina say regarding Ponza and his mother-in-law's relationship in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)