|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters in Act 3, Scene 9?
(c) Signora Ponza.
2. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
(d) Signora Frola.
3. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) Ponza appears.
(b) Sirelli appears.
(c) The Butler leads her inside.
(d) Bells ring.
4. Why does Signora Frola say she and her daughter choose not to see one another in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) For each other's sake.
(b) For her sanity.
(c) For Ponza's sake.
(d) For her health.
5. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
(a) It is black.
(b) It is twisted.
(c) There's something kind in it.
(d) There's something bad in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dina say that Signora Frola has shown the women in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
4. Who does Sirelli say does all the shopping for the Ponzas?
5. What does Laudisi say the townspeople heard the in voice of at the end of the play?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)