|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ponza say of his mother-in-law in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) She is lovely.
(b) She is mad.
(c) She is evil.
(d) She is hateful.
2. What does Ponza do immediately after Signora Frola has left in Act 2, Scene 9?
(c) Plays the harp.
3. When does Ponza come to visit Signora Frola?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every three days.
(c) Every evening.
(d) Once a week.
4. Who says, "The authority of the Prefect will do the trick. When she's alone with him she'll undoubtedly explain how things really are?"
(a) Signora Frola.
5. What does Ponza claim he was doing in Act 2, Scene 9, regarding his tears?
(a) Berating them.
(d) Being honest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople suggest Laudisi is telling them contradictory stories?
2. What does Amalia say Ponza should be responsible for in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Laudisi say regarding the documents in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Which character is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Ponza family always wear?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)