|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the courtyard at the building where Ponza lives?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is dark.
(c) It is filled with peaches.
(d) It is vast.
2. What does Signora Sirelli refer to Amalia as in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The wife of a sailor.
(b) The wife of a hero.
(c) The wife of the governor.
(d) The wife of a superior.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Signora Zici.
(b) Signora Frola.
(c) Signora Ponza.
(d) Signora Mancini.
4. What does Sirelli call Ponza in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A boor.
(b) A goat.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A gold-mine.
5. What happens when the mother-in-law pulls the rope?
(a) Bells ring.
(b) Sirelli appears.
(c) Ponza appears.
(d) The Butler leads her inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We come here as to the fountain, two poor women athirst for news?"
2. Who says that she's herself and that's that?
3. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
4. Who says, "Oho, you can be sure he's at the bottom of the whole thing. Maybe he has his mother-in-law under lock and key too?"
5. When does Ponza say he married the second time?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)