|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amelia think that Ponza put his mother-in-law up in town?
(a) To flatter her.
(b) To keep her away from his wife.
(c) To have an affair with her.
(d) To bother them.
2. Who does Ponza never bring to Signora Frola's apartment?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Laudisi suggest as a reason the mother-in-law and her daughter live apart?
(c) Incapatability of character.
4. How does Signora Frola communicate with her daughter?
(a) By telephone.
(b) Letters from afar.
(c) From the courtyard.
(d) From the terrace.
5. Who says, "You don't mean to say you understand it if a mother--unable to bear being away from the daughter--follows her and then is compelled to live apart from her in a city where after all she's a stranger too?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Agazzi run to in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who appears at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is Amalia married to?
4. Who lives in the same apartment building as Agazzi?
5. Who did not receive Amalia and Dina when they paid a visit?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)