|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
(c) Put down.
2. What does Ponza say the townspeople are doing to Signora Frola?
(a) Humiliating her.
(b) Ruining her.
(c) Amazing her.
(d) Applauding her.
3. What is the literary technique called by which Laudisi speaks aloud in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Ponza claim he was doing in Act 2, Scene 9, regarding his tears?
(c) Berating them.
(d) Being honest.
5. What does Ponza say his second wife's name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Excuse me for saying so, but if you're all so convinced that Signora Frola is right, what more do you want?"
2. Who says, "Or do you think the old lady should have asked your permission? Just because your father is above her son-in-law?"
3. Who says, "We are talking now, if I understand the matter, of a mother who sees that her daughter neither can nor should stay tied to her as she was before--because now she has a life of her own?"
4. What does Signora Sirelli say of Ponza's face?
5. What does Laudisi ask Sirelli to do once he's come to the center of the room to him in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)