|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ponza say about his mother-in-law, according to Amalia, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She was not coming.
(b) She was out.
(c) She was not well.
(d) She had left.
2. What two things does Laudisi say that they (the townspeople) are faced with in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Honesty and betrayal.
(b) Truth and lies.
(c) Lies and madness.
(d) Fantasy and reality.
3. What does Laudisi say to do with "what other people see and touch even if it's the opposite of what you see and touch?"
(a) Put down.
4. Who says, "There may be no precise facts, the proofs may be missing, but the truth--the truth must be on one side or the other?"
(a) Signora Frola.
5. Whose name does Laudisi forget several times in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Signora Agazzi.
(b) Signora Cini.
(c) Signora Ponza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ponza's apartment overlooking?
2. Who is Agazzi's daughter?
3. Who says to Signora Frola, "To tell you the truth, Signora, I did take it rather ill . . . ?"
4. Who does the Butler show in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who does Luadisi say to believe in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)