Act 1, Part 1
• The first act is set in the drawing room of Agazzi's home.
• Laudisi listens impatiently as Amalia and Dina tell him how a subordinate of Agazzi's has rented an apartment in their building for his mother-in-law.
• The woman refused to allow them into her home when they paid a call.
• Laudisi asks whether that's a good enough reason for them to lodge a formal complaint with Agazzi about his subordinate's behavior.
• Amalia says it's an awful way for two women to be treated.
• Dina explains that Ponza rented an apartment on the top floor of a run-down apartment block on the outskirts of town for him and his wife, as opposed to the nice apartment in a nice building he rented for his mother-in-law.
• Dina says that the only communication in and out of the apartment is through a basket that's raised and lowered from the...
This section contains 1,829 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)