|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ways and Means of Improving the Conditions of Europe, Interspersed with Miscellaneous Observations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Paine describe the monarchical government that the American Constitution avoided in Of Constitutions?
(a) Childish embarrassment.
(b) Insulting mistake.
(c) Senseless abomination.
(d) Ridiculous injustice.
2. What did Paine say was the cause of the removal of aristocratic title for the French people?
(a) Human differences.
(b) Natural differences.
(c) Human equality.
(d) Natural equality.
3. What did the Declaration of Independence lead to for the representative government that prevailed?
(a) A sense of cohesiveness.
(b) A sense of power.
(c) A sense of goodness.
(d) A sense of completion.
4. How did Paine describe America in Part Two of Rights of Man?
(a) A country of limitless progress.
(b) A country of rapid production.
(c) A country of limitless production.
(d) A country of rapid progress.
5. Which one of the following is not included in the rights that Dr. Price thought the English people had?
(a) The right to frame a government for themselves.
(b) The right to cashier governors for misconduct.
(c) The right to claim a government funded security bond.
(d) The right to choose their own governors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Burke's new work did Paine intend to discuss in Part Two of Rights of Man?
2. Announcing the arrival of representative government at the end of Ways and Means of Improving the Conditions of Europe, how did Paine advise that future revolution should be contemplated?
3. When was the Articles of Confederation passed?
4. Which rights did Paine include as ones that the government should guarantee from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France?
5. Ending the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did Paine think was missing from Burke's objection to the French Revolution?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)