|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he stated in the Preface, who did Paine specifically intend to give an accurate account of the war to by writing Rights of Man?
(a) The English.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans.
2. What was the first part of Rights of Man written to accomplish?
(a) To correct Burke's grammatical errors.
(b) To correct Burke's factual errors.
(c) To address the people that agreed with Burke.
(d) To address the people that disagreed with Burke.
3. Where was the constitutional convention held?
(b) New York.
4. In the beginning of Rights of Man, how did Paine describe Burke's pamphlet?
(a) Lies, bigotry, and exaggerations.
(b) Lies, exaggerations, and hatred.
(c) Lies, bigotry, and hatred.
(d) Exaggerations, bigotry, and hatred.
5. How did Paine describe the monarchical government that the American Constitution avoided in Of Constitutions?
(a) Ridiculous injustice.
(b) Senseless abomination.
(c) Childish embarrassment.
(d) Insulting mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Paine have an accurate account of the Revolution he discussed in Rights of Man?
2. Which two functions did Paine outline for governments in Of Constitutions?
3. How many houses of Congress were part of the Constitution that was ratified at the constitutional convention?
4. What did Articles IV, V and VI do in Observations on the Declarations of Rights?
5. Which part of the English Constitution did Paine cite as a significant achievement?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)