|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Declaration of Independence lead to for the representative government that prevailed?
(a) A sense of goodness.
(b) A sense of cohesiveness.
(c) A sense of completion.
(d) A sense of power.
2. How did Paine depict his feelings in the Preface about the way readers of his work were being punished in some countries?
3. What crucial point did Paine make about power in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Power cannot be misguided.
(b) Power cannot be inherited.
(c) Power cannot be corrupt.
(d) Power cannot be given.
4. What type of work was Rights of Man?
(a) An invitation.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A response.
(d) A warning.
5. Which one of the following is not included in the rights that Dr. Price thought the English people had?
(a) The right to claim a government funded security bond.
(b) The right to cashier governors for misconduct.
(c) The right to frame a government for themselves.
(d) The right to choose their own governors.
Short Answer Questions
1. To begin the Preface, what was Paine's response to Burke's lack of support for the French Revolution?
2. How long after the first part of Rights of Man was Part Two published?
3. How did Paine describe America in Part Two of Rights of Man?
4. To show the effectiveness of a government without a monarchy, how did Paine refer to the United States of America?
5. How did Paine react to Burke's refusal to respond to Part One of Rights of Man?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)