|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paine do to help the cause being fought for in the American Revolution?
(a) He made an ethical case for it, planned its strategy, and supported the troops.
(b) He supported the troops and planned the war's strategy.
(c) He made a political case for it and supported the troops.
(d) He made a political case for it and planned its strategy.
2. Why did Paine think that America was the only place in the world where Independence could be tried?
(a) It was the correct size.
(b) It was free of history.
(c) It had the most to gain.
(d) It had the most creative people.
3. What type of formal government did the frontier areas of America have before the American Revolution?
(b) More than they did after the Revolution.
(c) Very little.
(d) The same as they did after the Revolution.
4. Who did Paine contend that a monarchy was maintained to amuse?
(a) The poor.
(b) The stupid.
(c) The rich.
(d) The gullible.
5. How many prefaces did the first part of Rights of Man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Building on the foundation of Part One, in what style was Part Two of Rights of Man written?
2. How many counties did Pennsylvania initially have before the American Constitution was formed?
3. How did Paine summarize Burke's views in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
4. Which of the following did Paine speak out against in Rights of Man?
5. As explained by Paine in the Conclusion of Part One, which two forces was mankind influenced by?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)