|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
(b) How it was structured before the Revolution.
(c) How it was structured after the Revolution.
(d) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
2. As Paine wrote in Part Two of Rights of Man, what did the American Revolution put into practice for the first time?
(a) Realistic theory.
(b) Democratic theory.
(c) Less government laws.
(d) More government laws.
3. What idea did Burke's views lead to, according to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Government is governed by no principles.
(b) Government cannot be governed by too many principles.
(c) Government is governed by too many principles.
(d) Government cannot be governed by too little principles.
4. Which rights did Paine include as ones that the government should guarantee from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France?
(a) Liberty, property, security and resistance.
(b) Liberty, property, security, wages and resistance.
(c) Liberty, security, religion and resistance.
(d) Liberty, property, wages and security.
5. How much of Burke's new work did Paine intend to discuss in Part Two of Rights of Man?
(a) Very little.
(b) An average amount.
(d) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paine think were society's greatest laws?
2. Building on the foundation of Part One, in what style was Part Two of Rights of Man written?
3. As mentioned by Paine in Of the Old and New Systems of Government, which type of monarchy did Abbe Sieyes prefer?
4. What type of formal government did the frontier areas of America have before the American Revolution?
5. Because of the American and French Revolutions, what was being undermined about the old governments in Paine's opinion?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)