|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paine have an accurate account of the Revolution he discussed in Rights of Man?
(a) He had seen previous wars.
(b) He researched the war from several different sources.
(c) He was on the ground during the war.
(d) He got reports from generals in the war.
2. Which rights did Paine include as ones that the government should guarantee from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France?
(a) Liberty, security, religion and resistance.
(b) Liberty, property, security, wages and resistance.
(c) Liberty, property, wages and security.
(d) Liberty, property, security and resistance.
3. What idea did Burke's views lead to, according to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Government is governed by no principles.
(b) Government is governed by too many principles.
(c) Government cannot be governed by too little principles.
(d) Government cannot be governed by too many principles.
4. According to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did tyranny in the English government cause?
(a) Political, economic and international instability.
(b) Political instability.
(c) Political and economic instability.
(d) Economic and international instability.
5. Because of the American and French Revolutions, what was being undermined about the old governments in Paine's opinion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to responsibility when a country attempted to blend both influences that Paine referenced in the Conclusion of Part One?
2. To begin the Preface, what was Paine's response to Burke's lack of support for the French Revolution?
3. As mentioned in the Miscellaneous Chapter, when did the people of England overthrow the monarch?
4. How did Paine describe the mismanagement of government finances in countries like England and France?
5. Which term that Burke used to label the French people did Paine consider to be an insult?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)