|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Challenging Burke's view that the government had knowledge, what did Paine insist that Burke could not prove?
(a) That the government never had authority.
(b) That the government was based on authority.
(c) That the government was never based on authority.
(d) That the government ever had authority.
2. How did Paine categorize Burke's speech to the English Parliament?
3. In the Conclusion of Part One, how did Paine label the new era that was producing successful Republics?
(a) The Age of Revolutions.
(b) The Revolutionary Era.
(c) The Rebellious Era.
(d) The Age of Rebellions.
4. How did Paine summarize Burke's views in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Burke did not understand which rights individuals did not have.
(b) Burke claimed that individuals had only select rights.
(c) Burke did not understand which rights individuals had.
(d) Burke claimed that individuals had no rights.
5. Why did Paine choose to write a Miscellaneous Chapter of miscellaneous thoughts?
(a) To guide the previous parts of the book.
(b) To preserve the flow of previous parts of the book.
(c) To act as a reference for previous parts of the book.
(d) To include things he had observed after writing previous parts of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. As commented on by Paine, how did Burke refer to the events concerning the Bastille?
2. Ending the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did Paine think was missing from Burke's objection to the French Revolution?
3. Although Paine supported the Revolutions and their intentions, what did he make clear about his opinion of war?
4. Which word did Paine use to describe the monarchy in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
5. What impressed Paine about the National Assembly in Rights of Man?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)