|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
(b) How it was structured after the Revolution.
(c) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
(d) How it was structured before the Revolution.
2. What crucial point did Paine make about power in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Power cannot be given.
(b) Power cannot be corrupt.
(c) Power cannot be inherited.
(d) Power cannot be misguided.
3. Which French causes did Paine think were also representative of the entire world?
(a) Liberty, equality, and commerce.
(b) Equality and commerce.
(c) Liberty and equality.
(d) Liberty and freedom of religion.
4. What impressed Paine about the National Assembly in Rights of Man?
(a) Their objectivity.
(b) Their patience.
(c) Their ability to restrain revolt.
(d) Their ability to prevent revolt.
5. Which one of the following is not included in Paine's list of the general forms of government authority?
(b) Common Interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides defending themselves, what else did Paine say the people were defending by storming the Bastille?
2. How did Paine describe the mismanagement of government finances in countries like England and France?
3. As Paine pointed out in the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did Burke think the government had a monopoly on?
4. Which aspect of the government's presumed knowledge could not be accounted for by Burke, according to the listing of his view's problems in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
5. How did Paine summarize Burke's views in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)