|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides English, which other language was Rights of Man published in?
2. Since the people are sovereign, what were the only type of actions that Paine thought should be stopped by the law?
(a) Actions that hurt society or the government.
(b) Actions that reduce the government.
(c) Actions that hurt society.
(d) Actions that remove the government's authority.
3. Which French causes did Paine think were also representative of the entire world?
(a) Liberty, equality, and commerce.
(b) Liberty and equality.
(c) Equality and commerce.
(d) Liberty and freedom of religion.
4. As explained by Paine in the Conclusion of Part One, which two forces was mankind influenced by?
(a) Curiosity and knowledge.
(b) Reason and knowledge.
(c) Reason and ignorance.
(d) Curiosity and ignorance.
5. According to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did tyranny in the English government cause?
(a) Economic and international instability.
(b) Political and economic instability.
(c) Political, economic and international instability.
(d) Political instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained by Paine, what is the purpose of civil rights?
2. Why did Paine choose to write a Miscellaneous Chapter of miscellaneous thoughts?
3. In Rights of Man, what did Paine say society granted men?
4. As Paine wrote, what kind of impact would the French Revolution have?
5. Based on Paine's assessment, how were the people's opinion of government changing as a result of the American and French Revolutions?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)