|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which aspect of the government's presumed knowledge could not be accounted for by Burke, according to the listing of his view's problems in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Its extent.
(b) Its origin.
(c) Its limit.
(d) Its relevance.
2. As Paine wrote, what kind of impact would the French Revolution have?
(a) Neither an impact on France nor other countries.
(b) Only an impact on other countries.
(c) Only an impact on France.
(d) An impact on France and other countries.
3. Besides English, which other language was Rights of Man published in?
4. According to Paine in the Preface, who was his audience for Rights of Man?
(a) The whole world.
(b) A small part of the world.
(c) Half the world.
(d) The western world.
5. What idea did Burke's views lead to, according to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Government cannot be governed by too little principles.
(b) Government is governed by no principles.
(c) Government is governed by too many principles.
(d) Government cannot be governed by too many principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Paine's assessment, how were the people's opinion of government changing as a result of the American and French Revolutions?
2. How did Paine think the English people viewed the French Revolution?
3. How did Paine describe human authority while correcting Burke's misrepresentation of the Declaration of the Rights of Man?
4. Which one of the Founding Fathers was intended to receive Marquis de la Fayette's declaration of rights?
5. How did Paine describe reasoning with the states in the Preface?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)