|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Paine think the English people viewed the French Revolution?
(a) He did not comment on their view.
(b) They supported only certain aspects of it.
(c) They did not support it.
(d) They supported it.
2. Which rights did Paine include as ones that the government should guarantee from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France?
(a) Liberty, property, wages and security.
(b) Liberty, property, security, wages and resistance.
(c) Liberty, property, security and resistance.
(d) Liberty, security, religion and resistance.
3. What happened to responsibility when a country attempted to blend both influences that Paine referenced in the Conclusion of Part One?
(a) It would be lost.
(b) It would be replaced.
(c) It would be misplaced.
(d) It would be altered.
4. Challenging Burke's view that the government had knowledge, what did Paine insist that Burke could not prove?
(a) That the government never had authority.
(b) That the government was based on authority.
(c) That the government ever had authority.
(d) That the government was never based on authority.
5. What was the first part of Rights of Man written to accomplish?
(a) To correct Burke's grammatical errors.
(b) To correct Burke's factual errors.
(c) To address the people that disagreed with Burke.
(d) To address the people that agreed with Burke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Depicting the flaw in Burke's way of thinking, what did Paine indicate was being ignored by Burke?
2. How many articles did Paine discuss in Observations on the Declarations of Rights?
3. Which one of the Founding Fathers was intended to receive Marquis de la Fayette's declaration of rights?
4. Which one of the following was a type of preface that Rights of Man included?
5. How did Paine depict his feelings in the Preface about the way readers of his work were being punished in some countries?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)