|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France, Observations on the Declarations of Rights, Miscellaneous Chapter, Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After pointing out the weaknesses of Burke's position, what did Paine indicate about Burke's principle of past English laws?
(a) It outsmarted itself.
(b) It diminished itself.
(c) It contradicted itself.
(d) It defeated itself.
2. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
(b) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
(c) How it was structured before the Revolution.
(d) How it was structured after the Revolution.
3. Which word did Paine use to describe the monarchy in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
4. According to the French Constitution that Paine referred to, how often must the National Assembly be elected?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every three years.
(c) Every four years.
(d) Every year.
5. In Rights of Man, what did Paine say society granted men?
(a) Very little.
(b) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to responsibility when a country attempted to blend both influences that Paine referenced in the Conclusion of Part One?
2. When did the burning and devastation of London take place that Paine referred to in his attempt to disprove Burke's opinion of the French people?
3. What did Burke think about England's past laws?
4. How did Paine depict his feelings in the Preface about the way readers of his work were being punished in some countries?
5. In the beginning of Rights of Man, how did Paine describe Burke's pamphlet?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)