|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the Founding Fathers was intended to receive Marquis de la Fayette's declaration of rights?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. After pointing out the weaknesses of Burke's position, what did Paine indicate about Burke's principle of past English laws?
(a) It defeated itself.
(b) It contradicted itself.
(c) It outsmarted itself.
(d) It diminished itself.
3. Which century was Thomas Paine known for being one of the great political thinkers?
(a) Seventeenth century
(b) Nineteenth century.
(c) Eighteenth century.
(d) Twentieth century.
4. In the Preface of Rights of Man, who did Paine think should go directly to the people?
(a) Defenders of Justice.
(b) Friends of Liberty.
(c) Friends of Justice.
(d) Defenders of Liberty.
5. Along with Dr. Price, which society did Paine think that Burke maligned?
(a) Society for Constitutional Information.
(b) Society for Law and Justice.
(c) American Revolution Society.
(d) Freedom Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work was Rights of Man?
2. What did Burke think about England's past laws?
3. To begin the Preface, what was Paine's response to Burke's lack of support for the French Revolution?
4. As Paine wrote, what kind of impact would the French Revolution have?
5. As commented on by Paine, how did Burke refer to the events concerning the Bastille?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)