|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prefaces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinction did Paine make in the Preface?
(a) Between the nation and the government.
(b) Between the state and the religion.
(c) Between the state and the nation.
(d) Between the state, the nation and the government.
2. According to Paine in the Preface, who was his audience for Rights of Man?
(a) A small part of the world.
(b) Half the world.
(c) The whole world.
(d) The western world.
3. As he stated in the Preface, who did Paine specifically intend to give an accurate account of the war to by writing Rights of Man?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
4. Besides English, which other language was Rights of Man published in?
5. How did Paine think the English people viewed the French Revolution?
(a) He did not comment on their view.
(b) They did not support it.
(c) They supported it.
(d) They supported only certain aspects of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prefaces did the first part of Rights of Man have?
2. In the Preface of Rights of Man, who did Paine think should go directly to the people?
3. What did Paine do to help the cause being fought for in the American Revolution?
4. What is a good description of the second part of Rights of Man?
5. How did Paine intend to defend the rights he wrote about in Rights of Man?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)