|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the mutual dependence of man, what did Paine think would drive social order forward?
(a) Varied interests.
(b) Reciprocal laws.
(c) Reciprocal interests.
(d) Varied laws.
2. What type of kindness did Paine think the English government had towards the French government?
3. How many prefaces did the first part of Rights of Man have?
4. Besides defending themselves, what else did Paine say the people were defending by storming the Bastille?
(a) Their land.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their money.
5. What impressed Paine about the National Assembly in Rights of Man?
(a) Their ability to restrain revolt.
(b) Their objectivity.
(c) Their ability to prevent revolt.
(d) Their patience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Paine choose to write a Miscellaneous Chapter of miscellaneous thoughts?
2. According to Paine, where did Burke derive his arguments from?
3. In Rights of Man, what did Paine say society granted men?
4. Which other war had Burke previously supported?
5. What year did the constitutional convention take place?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)