|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the first part of Rights of Man was Part Two published?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
2. What idea did Burke's views lead to, according to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
(a) Government is governed by too many principles.
(b) Government is governed by no principles.
(c) Government cannot be governed by too many principles.
(d) Government cannot be governed by too little principles.
3. How did Paine describe the society in small domains where government was necessary?
4. What word did Paine use to describe the English Constitution in Of Constitutions?
5. Which French causes did Paine think were also representative of the entire world?
(a) Liberty and freedom of religion.
(b) Liberty and equality.
(c) Liberty, equality, and commerce.
(d) Equality and commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first part of Rights of Man written to accomplish?
2. What was the compact between the people of the United States that Paine mentioned in Of Constitutions?
3. Where was the constitutional convention held?
4. How did Paine intend to defend the rights he wrote about in Rights of Man?
5. Building on the foundation of Part One, in what style was Part Two of Rights of Man written?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)