|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which rights did Paine include as ones that the government should guarantee from the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Of Citizens, by the National Assembly of France?
(a) Liberty, property, security, wages and resistance.
(b) Liberty, property, security and resistance.
(c) Liberty, security, religion and resistance.
(d) Liberty, property, wages and security.
2. What was the compact between the people of the United States that Paine mentioned in Of Constitutions?
(a) To develop a system based on taxes.
(b) To create and sustain a philosophy.
(c) To create and sustain a government.
(d) To develop a system based on laws.
3. Considering the point that Paine made in Of Constitutions, what were governments designed to promote under a constitution?
(a) Only the collective good.
(b) The individual and collective good.
(c) Neither the individual nor the collective good.
(d) Only the individual good.
4. According to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did tyranny in the English government cause?
(a) Political and economic instability.
(b) Political instability.
(c) Political, economic and international instability.
(d) Economic and international instability.
5. In the beginning of Rights of Man, how did Paine describe Burke's pamphlet?
(a) Lies, bigotry, and hatred.
(b) Lies, bigotry, and exaggerations.
(c) Exaggerations, bigotry, and hatred.
(d) Lies, exaggerations, and hatred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paine describe reasoning with the states in the Preface?
2. Depicting the flaw in Burke's way of thinking, what did Paine indicate was being ignored by Burke?
3. Which part of the English Constitution did Paine cite as a significant achievement?
4. When was the Articles of Confederation passed?
5. When did the burning and devastation of London take place that Paine referred to in his attempt to disprove Burke's opinion of the French people?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)