|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which right did the French people have that Paine cited as something the English people did not have?
(a) Right to a fair trial.
(b) Freedom of the press.
(c) Freedom of speech.
(d) Right to bear arms.
2. Which one of the following is not included in Paine's list of the general forms of government authority?
(b) Common Interest.
3. Which term that Burke used to label the French people did Paine consider to be an insult?
4. In Rights of Man, what did Paine say society granted men?
(b) Very little.
(d) A lot.
5. According to the French Constitution that Paine referred to, how often must the National Assembly be elected?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every three years.
(c) Every four years.
(d) Every two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he noted in the Preface, where did Paine desire to collect his political thoughts?
2. When did the burning and devastation of London take place that Paine referred to in his attempt to disprove Burke's opinion of the French people?
3. What impressed Paine about the National Assembly in Rights of Man?
4. According to Paine, where did Burke derive his arguments from?
5. How many prefaces did the first part of Rights of Man have?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)