|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in Paine's list of the general forms of government authority?
(c) Common Interest.
2. In Paine's opinion, what did Burke's position on England's past laws justify?
3. In Rights of Man, what did Paine say society granted men?
(b) Very little.
(c) A lot.
4. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How it was structured before the Revolution.
(b) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
(c) How it was structured after the Revolution.
(d) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
5. What analogy did Paine draw between the American Revolution and the French Revolution in Rights of Man?
(a) They both lasted for the same amount of time.
(b) They happened at the same time.
(c) They were both fought for similar reasons.
(d) They happened in the same place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other war had Burke previously supported?
2. What mood was the beginning of the second Preface of Rights of Man written by Paine?
3. What did Paine think should be used to justify laws?
4. As Paine wrote in Rights of Man, what must each generation set for themselves to avoid being servants of the past?
5. To make a point about the absurdity of Burke's argument, what did Paine say could not happen in England without consent?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)