|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paine think that Burke refused to compare the French and British Constitutions?
(a) The English Constitution was incomplete.
(b) The French Constitution was more difficult to understand.
(c) The French Constitution was better.
(d) The English Constitution was not being applied.
2. Which plot was uncovered with the storming of the Bastille?
(a) A plot to steal from the parliament.
(b) A plot to reduce the military.
(c) A plot to disband the military.
(d) A plot to abolish parliament.
3. Which one of the following was a type of preface that Rights of Man included?
4. Besides English, which other language was Rights of Man published in?
5. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
(b) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
(c) How it was structured after the Revolution.
(d) How it was structured before the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which right did the French people have that Paine cited as something the English people did not have?
2. According to Paine in the Preface, who was his audience for Rights of Man?
3. Along with Dr. Price, which society did Paine think that Burke maligned?
4. Which other war had Burke previously supported?
5. How did Paine describe reasoning with the states in the Preface?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)