|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rights of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Paine describe reasoning with the states in the Preface?
2. Which one of the following is not included in Paine's list of the general forms of government authority?
(c) Common Interest.
3. Which one of the following was a type of preface that Rights of Man included?
4. What type of kindness did Paine think the English government had towards the French government?
5. Which French causes did Paine think were also representative of the entire world?
(a) Liberty and equality.
(b) Liberty and freedom of religion.
(c) Equality and commerce.
(d) Liberty, equality, and commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paine do to help the cause being fought for in the American Revolution?
2. Although Paine supported the Revolutions and their intentions, what did he make clear about his opinion of war?
3. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
4. What did Paine think Burke had drastically underestimated by calling the French Revolution a violent revolt?
5. According to Paine in the Preface, who was his audience for Rights of Man?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)