|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Rights of Man, how did Paine describe Burke's pamphlet?
(a) Exaggerations, bigotry, and hatred.
(b) Lies, exaggerations, and hatred.
(c) Lies, bigotry, and hatred.
(d) Lies, bigotry, and exaggerations.
2. Ending the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did Paine think was missing from Burke's objection to the French Revolution?
3. Based on Paine's assessment, how were the people's opinion of government changing as a result of the American and French Revolutions?
(c) Not quickly enough.
4. Which right did the French people have that Paine cited as something the English people did not have?
(a) Right to a fair trial.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(c) Freedom of the press.
(d) Right to bear arms.
5. When in 1174 did Congress meet to offer recommendations about the new Constitution?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paine describe the mismanagement of government finances in countries like England and France?
2. Which Pennsylvania town did Paine refer to in Of Constitutions as having its own committee?
3. Which plot was uncovered with the storming of the Bastille?
4. Considering the point that Paine made in Of Constitutions, what were governments designed to promote under a constitution?
5. What did Paine think was the origin of the delegated power of government?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)