|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As commented on by Paine, how did Burke refer to the events concerning the Bastille?
(a) He mentioned it, but with one wrong fact.
(b) He hardly mentioned it.
(c) He mentioned it, but with the wrong facts.
(d) He mentioned it too much.
2. Where was the constitutional convention held?
(b) New York.
3. What did Paine discuss about the French government at the end of Rights of Man?
(a) How it would have been structured without the Revolution.
(b) How it was structured before the Revolution.
(c) How it was structured after the Revolution.
(d) How its structure remained intact after the Revolution.
4. What did Paine think the English's reliance on law by precedence led to?
(a) Ignorance of the law.
(b) Distrust of the law.
(c) Confusion of the law.
(d) Abolishment of the law.
5. Instead of rights, what did Paine say was included in Burke's arguments?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paine think should happen to every bill before it was voted on in a representative style of government?
2. Which aspect of the government's presumed knowledge could not be accounted for by Burke, according to the listing of his view's problems in the Miscellaneous Chapter?
3. Why did Paine think that Burke refused to compare the French and British Constitutions?
4. Challenging Burke's view that the government had knowledge, what did Paine insist that Burke could not prove?
5. As explained by Paine in Of Constitutions, what made the constitutions binding?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)