|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to prove the senselessness of Burke's position on the monarchy, what did Paine maintain could not be done to individual rights?
(a) They could not be borrowed, transferred or annihilated.
(b) They could not be transferred or annihilated.
(c) They could not be borrowed or transferred.
(d) They could not be borrowed or annihilated.
2. Ending the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did Paine think was missing from Burke's objection to the French Revolution?
3. As mentioned in the Miscellaneous Chapter, when did the people of England overthrow the monarch?
4. As Paine wrote in Rights of Man, what must each generation set for themselves to avoid being servants of the past?
5. Why did Paine think that Burke refused to compare the French and British Constitutions?
(a) The English Constitution was incomplete.
(b) The French Constitution was more difficult to understand.
(c) The French Constitution was better.
(d) The English Constitution was not being applied.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many articles did Paine discuss in Observations on the Declarations of Rights?
2. When in 1174 did Congress meet to offer recommendations about the new Constitution?
3. What happened to responsibility when a country attempted to blend both influences that Paine referenced in the Conclusion of Part One?
4. Why did Paine think the Articles of Confederation was ineffective?
5. Where was the constitutional convention held?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)