|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Constitutions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paine choose to write a Miscellaneous Chapter of miscellaneous thoughts?
(a) To guide the previous parts of the book.
(b) To act as a reference for previous parts of the book.
(c) To include things he had observed after writing previous parts of the book.
(d) To preserve the flow of previous parts of the book.
2. What did Paine say made actions right or wrong with Burke's flawed line of thinking?
(b) The past.
(d) The future.
3. Based on Paine's assessment, how were the people's opinion of government changing as a result of the American and French Revolutions?
(b) Not quickly enough.
4. What did Paine think was the origin of the delegated power of government?
5. What did Burke think about England's past laws?
(a) They should only be altered every one hundred years.
(b) They should only be altered every two hundred years.
(c) They could not be altered.
(d) They could be altered.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paine wrote in Rights of Man, what must each generation set for themselves to avoid being servants of the past?
2. According to Paine in the Miscellaneous Chapter, what did tyranny in the English government cause?
3. According to Paine, where did Burke derive his arguments from?
4. In the beginning of Rights of Man, how did Paine describe Burke's pamphlet?
5. What did Paine say was the cause of the removal of aristocratic title for the French people?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)