Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the backgrounds of Paine and Burke, including an analysis of the role that the past had in their opinions of the American Revolution and the French Revolution, and Paine's surprise about Burke's criticism.
Essay Topic 2
The first two prefaces for Rights of Man were intended to be read by English and French audiences.
1) Describe the English preface and Paine's goals when writing it.
2) Explain the message that Paine was delivering with the French preface.
3) Analyze the similarities and differences between the English and French prefaces.
Essay Topic 3
In the third preface to Rights of Man, Paine established his resentment of the backlash that his readers have received.
1) Describe the general preface for the book and the mistreatment of some of Paine's readers.
2) Explain Paine's response to the unfair treatment of his readers in other countries.
3) Analyze the literary reasons for...
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)