1. Why are the wives calling each other at the beginning of the story?
They are trying to figure out who's husband was killed.
2. How are wives notified if their husband is injured or killed during a test flight?
The Navy sends a man with official or moral authority to the house.
3. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
4. In what year does the story begin?
5. What is the one sound that test pilots' wives are most afraid of?
The door bell.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)