|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim Lovell's nickname?
2. Who is Bob Gilruth?
(a) The veterinarian brought in to dismantle the chimpanzee colony.
(b) The X-15 pilot who joined the astronauts for training.
(c) The head engineer of Project Mercury.
(d) The man in charge of Project Mercury.
3. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
(a) They can't convince him the sound barrier is real.
(b) They can't hold him back.
(c) They can't stop him from drinking.
(d) They can't keep his wife away from the base.
4. What record does Bob White set during one of his X-15 flights?
(a) The new speed record.
(b) The new longest flight duration record.
(c) The new distance record.
(d) The new altitude record.
5. On John Glenn's 40th birthday, who comes to Glenn's birthday dinner?
(a) John and Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon and Ladybird Johnson.
(c) Gus and Betty Grissom.
(d) Alan and Louise Shepard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pilot marches into General Schwichenberg's office, throws an enema bag on his desk, and refuses to give himself any more enemas?
2. While NASA is introducing and promoting Project Mercury, what is the Air Force trying to promote?
3. Who does Annie Glenn refuse to let into her house because the press storm around the launch is so excruciating to her?
4. What is the most difficult routine in military flying?
5. When accompanying Glenn on his travels, what does Pete Conrad find himself doing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)