|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many orbits does Cooper complete?
2. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
(a) They can't stop him from drinking.
(b) They can't hold him back.
(c) They can't convince him the sound barrier is real.
(d) They can't keep his wife away from the base.
3. Why do the volunteers report to Lovelace?
(a) For psychological testing.
(b) To observe rocket testing.
(c) For flight training.
(d) For medical testing.
4. When the book begins, where is the Naval Air Station that Pete Conrad is stationed at?
5. Based on the magazine article that is run on Glenn, Grissom, and Shepard, what do these three become known as?
(a) The Chosen.
(b) The Golden Boys.
(c) The First Three.
(d) The Lucky Ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When accompanying Glenn on his travels, what does Pete Conrad find himself doing?
2. As a result of these problems, what does Cooper have to do?
3. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
4. Which astronaut is known as the Icy Commander?
5. How does the author both begin and end the Epilogue?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)