|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Project Mercury engineers think will be an easy task?
(a) Recovering the capsule after it splashed down.
(b) Launching the rockets.
(c) Training the astronauts.
(d) Controlling the capsule while in space.
2. When communicating with mission control, what does Glenn refer to his capsule as?
(a) Test Flight 84.
(b) Atlas 1.
(c) Mercury 3.
(d) Friendship 7.
3. After being grounded, what is Deke Slayton's new role in NASA?
(a) Communications Coordinator.
(b) Coordinator of Astronaut Activities.
(c) Divison Head - Test Flight.
(d) Head of Operations.
4. How much time passes after the press conference before the astronauts are though of as national heroes?
(a) It happens overnight.
(b) It takes seven weeks.
(c) It takes three days.
(d) They aren't considered of as national heroes until the first launch.
5. What is the most difficult routine in military flying?
(a) All-weather flying.
(b) Formation flying.
(c) Carrier landings.
(d) Instrument-only flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, what major political change occurs?
2. What is Cape Canaveral's new function?
3. The pilots hold Konakai seances. What is Konakai?
4. Shepard is strapped so tightly into the capsule that he can't feel the weightlessness he knows he is experiencing. What item floats in front of him in the capsule?
5. Which of the astronauts rises early each morning to do his roadwork where everyone can see him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)