|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Cape".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chuck Yeager is interviewed by reporters in Phoenix, what do the reporters want to know about?
(a) The astronauts.
(b) The sound barrier.
(c) How Yeager's family is.
(d) The next plane Yeager will be testing.
2. While NASA is introducing and promoting Project Mercury, what is the Air Force trying to promote?
(a) The high number of kills in the Korean conflict.
(b) Chuck Yeager's breaking of the sound barrier.
(c) The superior hand-to-hand fighting skills of the pilots.
(d) Their new recruiting practices.
3. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
4. How much is NASA's press representative paid per year?
5. Why is Pete Conrad transferred to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Maryland?
(a) Because he is entering the Navy's test-pilot school.
(b) Because he requested a post involving less danger.
(c) Because he is promoted to Lieutenant.
(d) Because he has to prepare for combat missions in Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most difficult routine in military flying?
2. Which astronaut is known as the Icy Commander?
3. Who originally pilots the X-1 aircraft?
4. Which of the astronauts commands the most star power?
5. What does "pushing the outside of the envelope" refer to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)