|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "The Cape".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature makes Pete Conrad different from a lot of other pilots?
(a) He is older than average.
(b) He is taller than average.
(c) He speaks both English and Spanish.
(d) He can't stand being trifled with.
2. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
(a) She thinks it will be safer than flying high-performance jet fighters.
(b) She wants to move out of the desert.
(c) She thinks it will vault his career to the top.
(d) She wants her husband to be a famous astronaut.
3. What is the nickname given to Project Mercury by the top pilots at the base?
(a) Spam in a Can.
(b) The Flying Chimpanzees.
(c) Corpses in a Capsule.
(d) Monkeys in Space.
4. Who is the biggest practical joker among the volunteers?
(a) Wally Schirra.
(b) Alan Shepard.
(c) Pete Conrad.
(d) Gus Grissom.
5. Who is in charge of testing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
(b) General Schwickenberg.
(c) NASA engineers.
(d) The Secretary of the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gus Grissom's wife gives birth to their first child, where is Gus?
2. What is the nickname given to Pete's flight test class?
3. While not logging any flying time comes to bother all seven of the astronauts, which is the astronaut who finally voices their complaint?
4. What state is Chuck Yeager from?
5. Which pilot waxes philosophical when asked at the press conference about family and religion (much to the surprise and astonishment of the other pilots)?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)