|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "On the Balcony".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chuck Yeager is interviewed by reporters in Phoenix, what do the reporters want to know about?
(a) How Yeager's family is.
(b) The sound barrier.
(c) The astronauts.
(d) The next plane Yeager will be testing.
2. What is the nightmare that Jane Conrad has repeatedly?
(a) That a test plane will crash into their house.
(b) That Jane is in the pilot's seat of a doomed plane.
(c) That a figure is coming up the walk to tell her that her husband had been killed.
(d) That her husband leaves her.
3. What is the name Yeager gives to his plane?
(a) Guns of Death.
(b) Glamorous Glynnis.
(c) Soaring Eagle.
(d) Rocketing Rickshaw.
4. Muroc Army Air Base is renamed in 1948. What is its new name?
(a) George Air Force Base.
(b) Cape Canaveral.
(c) Edwards Air Force Base.
(d) Kennedy Army Air Base.
5. When the book begins, where is the Naval Air Station that Pete Conrad is stationed at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author liken the deck of a carrier to?
2. How many kills does Yeager have by the end of World War II?
3. What does every fighter jock also think of himself as?
4. Which of the astronauts' wives has been previously divorced--a matter of public record that is not reported in the Life article?
5. How many planes does a pilot have to shoot down in combat to be considered an "ace"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)