|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "On the Balcony".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname given to Pete's flight test class?
(a) The Soaring Eagles.
(b) Class A.
(c) Top Guns.
(d) Group 20.
2. Which of the astronauts rises early each morning to do his roadwork where everyone can see him?
(a) Deke Slayton.
(b) Wally Schirra.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Gus Grissom.
3. Complete this flying theorem: "There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines..."
(a) there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.
(b) just untimely tragedies.
(c) if you follow the manuals, you will be fine.
(d) there are, however, dumb mistakes.
4. What is the name Yeager gives to his plane?
(a) Guns of Death.
(b) Rocketing Rickshaw.
(c) Glamorous Glynnis.
(d) Soaring Eagle.
5. What is the one sound that test pilots' wives are most afraid of?
(a) The sound of a plane's engine.
(b) The door bell.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The church bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the astronauts' wives has been previously divorced--a matter of public record that is not reported in the Life article?
2. Who is in charge of testing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
3. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
4. Why do fighter pilots have an intense dislike for flight surgeons?
5. What state is Chuck Yeager from?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)