|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "The Lab Rat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the book begins, where is the Naval Air Station that Pete Conrad is stationed at?
2. Why should Yeager be grounded and not allowed to fly the test flight to break the sound barrier on October 14th?
(a) He has two broken ribs.
(b) His wife is having a baby.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He has been out drinking the night before.
3. Which pilot marches into General Schwichenberg's office, throws an enema bag on his desk, and refuses to give himself any more enemas?
(a) Jim Lovell.
(b) Wally Schirra.
(c) Alan Shepard.
(d) Pete Conrad.
4. When a pilot is in the air and looking down at the ground, what does he most often feel?
(a) Grateful he has the opportunity to fly.
(c) Like it's time to get back to base.
(d) Superior to the people below.
5. From the original volunteers for the program, how many are finally accepted as astronauts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the volunteers report to Lovelace?
2. What does "pushing the outside of the envelope" refer to?
3. What is the nightmare that Jane Conrad has repeatedly?
4. In every flight class, what ratio of new trainees do not earn their wings?
5. Who runs the Fly Inn near Muroc Field?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)