|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "The Lab Rat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Navy-calculated probability that a career Navy pilot will die in an aircraft accident?
2. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
3. How many kills does Yeager have by the end of World War II?
(a) 5 1/2.
(c) 13 1/2.
4. In what year does the story begin?
5. When the book begins, where is the Naval Air Station that Pete Conrad is stationed at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the wives calling each other at the beginning of the story?
2. What is the nightmare that Jane Conrad has repeatedly?
3. In every flight class, what ratio of new trainees do not earn their wings?
4. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
5. Muroc Army Air Base is renamed in 1948. What is its new name?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)