|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "The Lab Rat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Navy-calculated probability that a career Navy pilot will die in an aircraft accident?
2. Who is the biggest practical joker among the volunteers?
(a) Gus Grissom.
(b) Pete Conrad.
(c) Alan Shepard.
(d) Wally Schirra.
3. What is the name Yeager gives to his plane?
(a) Rocketing Rickshaw.
(b) Guns of Death.
(c) Soaring Eagle.
(d) Glamorous Glynnis.
4. Who is in charge of testing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
(a) The Secretary of the Navy.
(c) NASA engineers.
(d) General Schwickenberg.
5. How does Ted Whelan die?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) His plane crash lands in a swamp.
(c) His parachute fails to open.
(d) He flies beneath the hard deck and into power lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one sound that test pilots' wives are most afraid of?
2. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
3. What is the most difficult routine in military flying?
4. Who originally pilots the X-1 aircraft?
5. What are the pilots known by at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)