|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Yeager".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chuck Yeager's signature flying move?
(a) Shooting straight up before leveling off.
(b) He has no signature move.
(c) A slow roll, sixty feet off the deck.
(d) Pulling out of a steep dive just before crashing.
2. Why are the wives calling each other at the beginning of the story?
(a) They are angry over a new testing policy for the pilots.
(b) They are trying to figure out who's husband was killed.
(c) They are planning a surprise party for the pilots.
(d) They are sharing news of a new baby.
3. What is the Navy-calculated probability that a career Navy pilot will die in an aircraft accident?
4. Who originally pilots the X-1 aircraft?
(a) Chuck Yeager.
(b) Pete Conrad.
(c) Slick Goodlin.
(d) Jim Lovell.
5. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
(a) They can't keep his wife away from the base.
(b) They can't hold him back.
(c) They can't convince him the sound barrier is real.
(d) They can't stop him from drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the top speed attained during the October 14th flight?
2. In what year does the story begin?
3. How many planes does a pilot have to shoot down in combat to be considered an "ace"?
4. What is the most difficult routine in military flying?
5. What is the nightmare that Jane Conrad has repeatedly?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)