|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "The Club".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the astronauts is actually an atheist (although he told the press that he had previously "attended" a Christian Science church with his wife)?
(a) Scott Carpenter.
(b) Alan Shepard.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Gus Grissom.
2. When communicating with mission control, what does Glenn refer to his capsule as?
(a) Mercury 3.
(b) Atlas 1.
(c) Test Flight 84.
(d) Friendship 7.
3. Why are the Edward's pilots miffed by NASA's treatment of Grissom after the mistake in the capsule?
(a) NASA doesn't punish Grissom.
(b) NASA sends Grissom to the White House.
(c) NASA gives Grissom a $20,000 bonus.
(d) NASA provides extensive interview opportunities to Grissom.
4. When Chuck Yeager is interviewed by reporters in Phoenix, what do the reporters want to know about?
(a) The sound barrier.
(b) How Yeager's family is.
(c) The next plane Yeager will be testing.
(d) The astronauts.
5. John Glenn's flight and his taking on "the mighty Soviet Integral" causes comparisons with what Biblical story?
(a) Sodom and Gomorrah.
(b) Samson and Delilah.
(c) David and Goliath.
(d) Cain and Abel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Yeager be grounded and not allowed to fly the test flight to break the sound barrier on October 14th?
2. What is the unofficial tradition at Cape Canaveral?
3. Which of the astronauts does not live with his family on or near the base, but houses his family 120 miles away from the base and lives in the base's Bachelor Quarters?
4. Who is known as the "king of the test fighter pilots"?
5. When asked by a reporter how many of the astronauts expect to return from space, how many of them raise their hands?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)