|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, "The Club".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Chuck Yeager from?
(c) West Virginia.
2. Which chimpanzee is chosen to go into space?
(a) Number 61.
(b) Number 42.
(c) Number 7.
(d) Number 1.
3. What is Gus afraid of as he tries to swim to the helicopter's horse collar?
(c) Blacking out.
(d) The helicopter crashing.
4. When Chuck Yeager is interviewed by reporters in Phoenix, what do the reporters want to know about?
(a) How Yeager's family is.
(b) The astronauts.
(c) The sound barrier.
(d) The next plane Yeager will be testing.
5. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
(a) They can't keep his wife away from the base.
(b) They can't convince him the sound barrier is real.
(c) They can't hold him back.
(d) They can't stop him from drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
2. When the astronauts arrive in Houston, they are told that there will be a "little" cocktail party for them. Where is the cocktail party held?
3. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
4. Muroc Army Air Base is renamed in 1948. What is its new name?
5. What is the nightmare that Jane Conrad has repeatedly?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)