|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "In Single Combat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gus Grissom's wife gives birth to their first child, where is Gus?
(a) On a top-secret mission.
(b) Fighting overseas in Korea.
(c) In the delivery room.
(d) On base, completing his flight training.
2. Why do the pilots report to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
(a) For psychological and stress testing.
(b) For flight protocol training.
(c) For launch preparation.
(d) For medical testing.
3. What state is Chuck Yeager from?
(a) West Virginia.
4. When asked by a reporter how many of the astronauts expect to return from space, how many of them raise their hands?
5. What is the top speed attained during the October 14th flight?
(a) Mach 1.10.
(b) Mach 1.05.
(c) Mach 0.96.
(d) Mach 0.80.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chuck Yeager is interviewed by reporters in Phoenix, what do the reporters want to know about?
2. What does "pushing the outside of the envelope" refer to?
3. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
4. What problem does the Army have with Yeager piloting the X-1?
5. What is the biggest challenge of landing on a carrier ship?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)