|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "In Single Combat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do fighter pilots have an intense dislike for flight surgeons?
(a) They don't have good insurance.
(b) They don't want to be grounded for medical reasons.
(c) They would rather be flying than in a waiting room.
(d) They hate needles.
2. What does every fighter jock also think of himself as?
(a) A being just beneath God.
(b) An indestructible force.
(c) A ladies' man.
(d) An ace driver.
3. What is the one sound that test pilots' wives are most afraid of?
(a) The door bell.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The sound of a plane's engine.
(d) The church bells.
4. Why should Yeager be grounded and not allowed to fly the test flight to break the sound barrier on October 14th?
(a) He has been out drinking the night before.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He has two broken ribs.
(d) His wife is having a baby.
5. How many planes does a pilot have to shoot down in combat to be considered an "ace"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature makes Pete Conrad different from a lot of other pilots?
2. Muroc Army Air Base is renamed in 1948. What is its new name?
3. Who is known as the "king of the test fighter pilots"?
4. Who originally pilots the X-1 aircraft?
5. Who is the only Marine in the group of seven astronauts?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)