|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "In Single Combat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Navy-calculated probability that a career Navy pilot will die in an aircraft accident?
2. How many planes does a pilot have to shoot down in combat to be considered an "ace"?
3. Why do the pilots report to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
(a) For psychological and stress testing.
(b) For medical testing.
(c) For launch preparation.
(d) For flight protocol training.
4. Who is the biggest practical joker among the volunteers?
(a) Gus Grissom.
(b) Alan Shepard.
(c) Wally Schirra.
(d) Pete Conrad.
5. Muroc Army Air Base is renamed in 1948. What is its new name?
(a) Kennedy Army Air Base.
(b) Cape Canaveral.
(c) George Air Force Base.
(d) Edwards Air Force Base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the wives calling each other at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Gus Grissom awarded for his actions during combat in Korea?
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. When Gus Grissom's wife gives birth to their first child, where is Gus?
5. What is the nickname given to Project Mercury by the top pilots at the base?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)