|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "In Single Combat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the original volunteers for the program, how many are finally accepted as astronauts?
2. Why do fighter pilots have an intense dislike for flight surgeons?
(a) They don't have good insurance.
(b) They would rather be flying than in a waiting room.
(c) They don't want to be grounded for medical reasons.
(d) They hate needles.
3. When a pilot is in the air and looking down at the ground, what does he most often feel?
(a) Like it's time to get back to base.
(b) Grateful he has the opportunity to fly.
(d) Superior to the people below.
4. How many planes does a pilot have to shoot down in combat to be considered an "ace"?
5. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of testing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
2. In every flight class, what ratio of new trainees do not earn their wings?
3. What does "pushing the outside of the envelope" refer to?
4. When Gus Grissom's wife gives birth to their first child, where is Gus?
5. What is the Navy-calculated probability that a career Navy pilot will die in an aircraft accident?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)