|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "The Vote".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature makes Pete Conrad different from a lot of other pilots?
(a) He is older than average.
(b) He speaks both English and Spanish.
(c) He is taller than average.
(d) He can't stand being trifled with.
2. What is the biggest challenge of landing on a carrier ship?
(a) Because carrier ship landings are never discussed before attempting.
(b) Because the grey of the ship makes it hard to spot in the ocean.
(c) Because the ship is pitching and rolling in the sea.
(d) Because the plane has to lose altitude so quickly.
3. What record does Bob White set during one of his X-15 flights?
(a) The new speed record.
(b) The new altitude record.
(c) The new longest flight duration record.
(d) The new distance record.
4. What is the name of the first Russian cosmonaut?
(a) Sergei Korolyov.
(b) Yuri Gagarin.
(c) Alexei Leonov.
(d) Gherman Titov.
5. Who is James Webb?
(a) The medical officer with the authority to ground Shepard if it becomes medically necessary.
(b) The new flight control commander appointed by NASA.
(c) The new administrator of NASA appointed by the Kennedy administration.
(d) The veterinarian called in to dismantle the chimpanzee colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is NASA's press representative paid per year?
2. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
3. What did the astronauts most often hit in the procedures trainer?
4. As a result of his record-setting flight, where does Bob White show up?
5. Which magazine buys the exclusive rights to the astronauts' personal stories for $500,000?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)