|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "The Tears".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the second Russian cosmonaut in space for?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 4 hours .
2. Why does the unmanned flight receive very little public attention?
(a) The public doesn't believe NASA can pull it off.
(b) The public is tired of test flights.
(c) The Russians beat the Americans to the punch again.
(d) The Beatles are making their first US tour.
3. Who is in charge of testing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base?
(a) The Secretary of the Navy.
(b) General Schwickenberg.
(d) NASA engineers.
4. Who is the scheduled backup astronaut for the first manned orbital flight?
(a) Scott Carpenter.
(b) Gordon Cooper.
(c) Alan Shepard.
(d) Deke Slayton.
5. From the original volunteers for the program, how many are finally accepted as astronauts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the astronauts spend so much time in the procedures trainer?
2. Why does Janet Conrad support her husband's decision to join the astronaut program?
3. Which astronaut is scheduled for the next space flight?
4. Who is Bob White?
5. What did the astronauts most often hit in the procedures trainer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)