Chapter 1, "The Angels"
1. Why are the wives calling each other at the beginning of the story?
(a) They are angry over a new testing policy for the pilots.
(b) They are sharing news of a new baby.
(c) They are trying to figure out who's husband was killed.
(d) They are planning a surprise party for the pilots.
2. How are wives notified if their husband is injured or killed during a test flight?
(a) There is no official procedure for notifying the family of death.
(b) The Navy sends a man with official or moral authority to the house.
(c) Another one of the wives goes to the house to break the news.
(d) The Navy sends an official letter to the wife.
3. How many test pilots are in the original group in Jacksonville?
4. In what year does the story begin?
5. What is the one sound that test pilots' wives are most afraid of?
(a) The door bell.
(b) The church bells.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The sound of a plane's engine.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)