|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men request of the Busseys?
2. Where is the Bussey farm located?
3. Who is at the Bussey house?
4. Why do Jeff and Dixie go walking in the Missouri woods?
5. Why does Jeff leave home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the loneliness volunteer in camp?
2. Why is Captain Clardy so hateful to the volunteer soldiers in his company?
3. How many men in the Union were from Kansas?
4. What are Jeff's father's views in the growing political dispute in their area?
5. What does Jeff do for Mrs. Mccomas and how does he get paid?
6. On his way back to Fort Leavenworth Jeff stops at the Chadwick farm and does what?
7. What are the other members of the family's roles during the encounter?
8. What impact does the raid by the Missouri bushwhackers have on Jeff?
9. What happens to the boys on the first morning at Fort Leavenworth?
10. Describe Captain Clardy's countenance while speaking to Jeff at Wilson's Creek.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Is it realistic that Jeff chose to go back to his Union side where he is badly treated rather than stay with Lucy?
Part 2) Would you have chosen your country over your true love? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which side of the battle would you have chosen to be on? Remember that there were more issues at stake than slavery. Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What role does the family unit play throughout the story?
Part 2) Compare the Washbourne family to Jeff's family. In what ways are these two families different? In what ways are they similar?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)