|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeff meet at Fort Gibson?
(a) Jimmy Lear.
(b) Stuart Mitchell.
(c) David Gardner.
(d) Levi Washbourne.
2. Who is General Watie's personal friend and an attorney on Grand River?
(a) Major Stan Watie.
(b) Major Robert Lee.
(c) Major Levi Washbourne.
(d) Major William P. Adair.
3. What does General Blunt appoint Jeff to be?
(a) A drummer.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A scout.
(d) A general.
4. Which direction does Jeff choose to travel?
5. Why doesn't Jeff ride his horse?
(a) He is too scared.
(b) He is too hungry.
(c) He is too dizzy.
(d) He is too tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jeff and Noah sleep after the Battle of Prairie Grove?
2. What kind of training will Jeff's unit receive at Fort Gibson?
3. Who gives Jeff a horse?
4. What happens to the Brandts' home?
5. Who is the old man sleeping on a quilt outside the headquarters tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does General Blunt ask of Jeff?
2. What favor does Jeff do for the Negro slave?
3. When Jeff became ill, how does he get to the Jackmans' home?
4. Why does Heifer leave the kitchen to fight alongside Jeff in his first battle with the Watie men?
5. Describe Boggy Depot.
6. Describe what Jeff sees at the hotel at Boggy Depot.
7. After seeing Lucy, what happens to Jeff in Boggy Depot?
8. How does Fort Gibson get its food?
9. What information does the letter in the haversack contain?
10. What does Jeff know about bloodhounds?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)