|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Rebels' war capitol?
(a) Boggy Depot.
(b) Baggy Depot.
(c) Bossy Depot.
(d) Barley Depot.
2. What is Hancock Mission?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) An indian reserve.
(c) A slave hospital.
(d) A church with a graveyard.
3. Who gives Jeff a horse?
4. When does Jeff forget about the war?
(a) When he is writing home.
(b) When he is sleeping.
(c) When he is eating.
(d) When he is with Lucy.
5. How many men are in the Union Patrol?
(a) Forty men.
(b) Sixty men.
(c) Eighty men.
(d) Twenty men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The kind of people can use the church?
2. What do the Rebels do with the Federal greenbacks?
3. What do Jeff and Noah do in Rheas Mills?
4. How many miles is it to Rheas Mills?
5. Who is the old man sleeping on a quilt outside the headquarters tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Boggy Depot.
2. Describe what Jeff sees at the hotel at Boggy Depot.
3. What is done in the Jackman home to teach the girls good breeding?
4. What does Jeff find in the Washbournes' cow lot?
5. Why is Mrs. Washbourne so appreciative to Jeff?
6. After the Battle of Prairie Grove what do Jeff and Noah do?
7. Why does Heifer leave the kitchen to fight alongside Jeff in his first battle with the Watie men?
8. How does Jeff survive the long walk back to Fort Gibson?
9. What favor does Jeff do for the Negro slave?
10. After seeing Lucy, what happens to Jeff in Boggy Depot?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)