|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeff ask Lucy to care for?
2. How many men are in the Union Patrol?
(a) Twenty men.
(b) Sixty men.
(c) Forty men.
(d) Eighty men.
3. How many men station themselves on the Union side of the Arkansas River?
4. Where does the regiment march to on Christmas Day?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) Cane Hill.
(c) Fort Smith.
(d) Van Buren.
5. Where does the steamer pilot run the boat aground?
(a) On a island.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On a rock slab.
(d) On a sandbar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man sleeping on a quilt outside the headquarters tent?
2. When does Jeff forget about the war?
3. Who is General Watie's personal friend and an attorney on Grand River?
4. Who is the slave that tended Jeff?
5. Who does Jeff ask for at the Washbournes' door?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jeff became ill, how does he get to the Jackmans' home?
2. How does Jeff survive the long walk back to Fort Gibson?
3. Describe what Jeff sees at the hotel at Boggy Depot.
4. Why does Heifer leave the kitchen to fight alongside Jeff in his first battle with the Watie men?
5. What does Jeff tell Lucy about the Declaration of Independence?
6. How does Fort Gibson get its food?
7. What is Rebel coffee?
8. Describe Boggy Depot.
9. Who is Frank Brandt?
10. What favor does Jeff do for the Negro slave?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)