|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jeff and Dixie go walking in the Missouri woods?
(a) Looking for ripe persimmons.
(b) Clearing his head.
(c) He is deserting.
(d) Hiding from Captain Clardy.
2. What is Jeff's punishment?
(a) One week of daily kitchen duty.
(b) One week of daily laundry duty.
(c) One week of daily latrine duty.
(d) One week of daily running.
3. What is the name of the shepherd dog Jeff befriends?
4. Where does Jeff go the day after the fight?
(a) Fort Leavenworth.
(b) Fort Payne.
(c) Fort Smith.
(d) Fort Sill.
5. Where does Jeff carry the wounded soldiers on ambulance duty?
(a) Back and forth to the latrine.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) Back and forth to the amputation tent.
(d) Back and forth to the chaplain's tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions the boys before their enlistment?
2. What happens to General Lyon at the Battle of Wilson's Creek?
3. Why does the captain become angry at hearing Jeff's full name?
4. How many hours of sleep does Jeff get after the Battle of Wilson's Creek?
5. What is the Cherokee Indian Nation's capitol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Captain Clardy's countenance while speaking to Jeff at Wilson's Creek.
2. What duty does Jeff draw the day after the Battle of Wilson's Creek?
3. How far did Noah Babbitt walk and why?
4. On his way back to Fort Leavenworth Jeff stops at the Chadwick farm and does what?
5. What are the other members of the family's roles during the encounter?
6. What is Bess's role in the encounter with the bushwhackers?
7. Who were the men who came to Jeff's home?
8. Who is Stand Watie?
9. What does Jeff find at the Gardner place?
10. What does John Chadwick decide to do?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)