|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff do at the Washbourne home for a meal?
(a) Hoe the garden.
(b) Slop hogs.
(c) Fix the roof.
(d) Chop firewood.
2. How many hours of sleep does Jeff get after the Battle of Wilson's Creek?
3. What battle begins on December 7, 1862?
(a) The Battle of New Orleans.
(b) The Battle of Fort Smith.
(c) The Battle of Fort Sills.
(d) The Battle of Prairie Grove.
4. Where does Jeff put the mules?
(a) The woods.
(b) The corral.
(c) The well house.
(d) The springhouse.
5. Jim Veatch tosses what on a sumac bush?
(a) His dogtags.
(b) His gunbelt.
(c) His deck of playing cards.
(d) His cowboy hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sergeant Mike Dempsey's job?
2. What kind of Indian is Joe Grayson?
3. What does the woman give Jeff to eat ?
4. Where does Jeff go the day after the fight?
5. What Indians make up the Union Indian Home Guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Clardy so hateful to the volunteer soldiers in his company?
2. Describe Edith Bussey's homeland.
3. On the third day of the march, Jeff discovered what?
4. What is Bess's role in the encounter with the bushwhackers?
5. Describe Captain Clardy's countenance while speaking to Jeff at Wilson's Creek.
6. Who is Stand Watie?
7. How far did Noah Babbitt walk and why?
8. On his way back to Fort Leavenworth Jeff stops at the Chadwick farm and does what?
9. What does John Chadwick decide to do?
10. What is Jeff's punishment for defending his namesake?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)