|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the steamer pilot run the boat aground?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On a island.
(c) On a sandbar.
(d) On a rock slab.
2. Who is chasing Jeff?
(a) The Union men.
(b) The calvary.
(c) The Indian Guard.
(d) The Rebels.
3. Who does Jeff travel with to Fort Gibson?
4. Where does Jeff go when he returns to Tahlequah?
(a) Linn County, Kansas.
(b) Lucy Washbourne's home.
(c) Fort Gibson, Mississippi.
(d) Van Buren, Arkansas.
5. Sixteen men of the Union Patrol ride to where?
(a) Fort Smith Road.
(b) Prairie Grove.
(c) Van Buren.
(d) Fort Gibson.
6. How are the Jackmans related to Stand Watie?
(a) Mr. Jackman is his grandfather.
(b) Mrs. Jackman is his cousin.
(c) Mrs. Jackman is his aunt.
(d) Mr. Jackman is his nephew.
7. Where does the regiment march to on Christmas Day?
(a) Fort Smith.
(b) Cane Hill.
(c) Little Rock.
(d) Van Buren.
8. Who is the old man sleeping on a quilt outside the headquarters tent?
(a) The Cherokee shaman.
(b) A Chickasaw beggar.
(c) A Choctaw beggar.
(d) Colonel Stand Watie.
9. What do Jeff and Noah do in Rheas Mills?
10. Where do Jeff and Noah sleep after the Battle of Prairie Grove?
(a) A rebel barn.
(b) A cotton mill.
(c) A dormitory.
(d) A haystack.
11. What happens to the Brandts' home?
(a) The Rebels use it for a hospital.
(b) The Rebels burn it down.
(c) The Rebels store ammuniton in it.
(d) The Rebels take it away.
12. Who does Jeff meet at Fort Gibson?
(a) Stuart Mitchell.
(b) David Gardner.
(c) Jimmy Lear.
(d) Levi Washbourne.
13. What colored clothing does Jeff and Jim dress in?
(a) Butternut colored.
(b) Red colored.
(c) Blue colored.
(d) Grey colore.
14. What is Watie's reason for fighting?
(a) To wipe out the white man.
(b) To end slavery.
(c) To leave the Cherokee Nation to the Confederates.
(d) To regain his ancesteral home.
15. What signals the Rebels' charge?
(a) The bugle.
(b) The steamer's horn.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Chocktaws and Chickasaws sing at sunset?
2. What do the Rebels do with the Federal greenbacks?
3. The kind of people can use the church?
4. How does the Washbourne house appear?
5. What does Jeff swap Union coffee for?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)