|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sixteen men of the Union Patrol ride to where?
(a) Fort Smith Road.
(b) Prairie Grove.
(c) Fort Gibson.
(d) Van Buren.
2. Who does Jeff ask Lucy to care for?
3. Who does Jeff travel with to Fort Gibson?
4. What do the sentries from both sides do this night?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Share a meal.
5. What is in the cargo the Watie men plunder?
(a) Union-issue clothing and boots.
(b) Confederate greenbacks.
(c) Union-issue ammunition.
(d) Union-issue firearms.
6. Which direction does Jeff choose to travel?
7. Where are the Washbourne women?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cow lot.
(c) The grocer.
(d) The outhouse.
8. Where does the regiment march to on Christmas Day?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) Van Buren.
(c) Cane Hill.
(d) Fort Smith.
9. What do the Rebels use to track Jeff?
(b) A eagle.
10. How long does Jeff require care?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) One weeks.
11. How does the Washbourne house appear?
(c) Well lit.
12. What does Jimmy Lear give Jeff?
(a) His drum.
(b) His coat.
(c) His boots.
(d) His portion of Christmas dinner.
13. What does Lucy use to chase the Union soldier away with?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hairbrush.
(c) A pitch fork.
(d) A pocketbook.
14. Where does Jeff go when he returns to Tahlequah?
(a) Linn County, Kansas.
(b) Van Buren, Arkansas.
(c) Fort Gibson, Mississippi.
(d) Lucy Washbourne's home.
15. What does Jeff put on the cow's back?
(a) Table salt.
(c) Strawberry jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Jackman family moving to?
2. What are redbud tree leaves shaped like?
3. What does Jeff recover from the Confederate courier?
4. What do the Rebels do with the Federal greenbacks?
5. What is the name of Jeff's new horse?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)