|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the cargo the Watie men plunder?
(a) Union-issue clothing and boots.
(b) Union-issue ammunition.
(c) Confederate greenbacks.
(d) Union-issue firearms.
2. What does Jeff put on the cow's back?
(a) Table salt.
(d) Strawberry jam.
3. What kind of training will Jeff's unit receive at Fort Gibson?
(a) Cavalry training.
(b) Ballistics training.
(c) Weaponary training.
(d) Infantry training.
4. How long does Jeff require care?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) One weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What is Lucy's brother's name?
6. Who says "You can always go farther than you think."?
(a) Sergeant Pete Millholland.
(b) Emory Bussey.
(c) Levi Washbourne.
(d) General Robert E. Lee.
7. Where is the Jackman family moving to?
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
8. Who joins Jeff in trying to infiltrate the Rebel command force?
(a) General Blunt.
(b) Captain Clardy.
(c) Jeff Bostwick.
(d) Stuart Mitchell.
9. What are the full blooded Cherokee Indians that are sympathetic to the Union called?
(a) The Union Indians.
(b) The Mounds.
(c) The Tacks.
(d) The Pins.
10. What is housed at Fort Gibson?
(a) Indian refugees.
11. What are redbud tree leaves shaped like?
(c) Grass blades.
12. Where are the Washbourne women?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The cow lot.
(d) The outhouse.
13. Jeff experiences difficulties with what while riding a horse?
(a) The use of a pommel.
(b) The stirrups.
(c) The use of a saber.
(d) The reins.
14. What do the sentries from both sides do this night?
(a) Share a meal.
(b) Go dancing.
(c) Sing together.
(d) Go swimming.
15. Where does the regiment march to on Christmas Day?
(a) Van Buren.
(b) Cane Hill.
(c) Fort Smith.
(d) Little Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is General Watie's personal friend and an attorney on Grand River?
2. How many men station themselves on the Rebel side of the Arkansas River?
3. When does Jeff forget about the war?
4. How are the Jackmans related to Stand Watie?
5. What happens to the Brandts' home?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)