|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chasing Jeff?
(a) The Union men.
(b) The Indian Guard.
(c) The Rebels.
(d) The calvary.
2. Where does the steamer pilot run the boat aground?
(a) On a rock slab.
(b) On a sandbar.
(c) On a island.
(d) In the woods.
3. How many men station themselves on the Union side of the Arkansas River?
4. What do the Chocktaws and Chickasaws sing at sunset?
(a) The Apachee war song.
(b) The Cherokee war song.
(c) The Chickasaw war song.
(d) The Choctaw war song.
5. What is the name of Jeff's new horse?
(a) Flea Bite.
(d) Dog Bite.
6. What does Lucy use to chase the Union soldier away with?
(a) A pocketbook.
(b) A hairbrush.
(c) A pitch fork.
(d) A gun.
7. Who does Captain Clardy have executed for being a Rebel spy?
(a) Levi Washbourne.
(b) Jeff Bussey.
(c) Lee Washbourne.
(d) David Gardner.
8. What is in the cargo the Watie men plunder?
(a) Union-issue firearms.
(b) Union-issue clothing and boots.
(c) Confederate greenbacks.
(d) Union-issue ammunition.
9. What is Watie's reason for fighting?
(a) To leave the Cherokee Nation to the Confederates.
(b) To wipe out the white man.
(c) To regain his ancesteral home.
(d) To end slavery.
10. What is on the other side of the river?
(a) Rebel cooks.
(b) Rebel preachers.
(c) Rebel sentries.
(d) Rebel wives.
11. Why do the Washbournes show Jeff extreme gratitude?
(a) Jeff milked the cow.
(b) Jeff chopped firewood.
(c) Jeff fed the pigs.
(d) Jeff helped get Lee's body home for burial.
12. Who asks Jeff to go with him to the other side of the river?
(a) David Gardner.
(b) General Blunt.
(c) Captain Clardy.
(d) Jimmy Lear.
13. How long does Jeff require care?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One weeks.
14. What do the Rebels use to track Jeff?
(c) A eagle.
15. What does Jeff find out concerning Lee Washbourne?
(a) He never returned from a scouting mission.
(b) He is hiding until the war is over.
(c) He wanted to go home.
(d) He liked the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leemon Jones do?
2. Who recognizes Jeff back at the Rebel camp?
3. Where is the Jackman family moving to?
4. Jeff experiences difficulties with what while riding a horse?
5. What colored clothing does Jeff and Jim dress in?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)