|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the officer ask Jeff?
(a) What funeral home he wants used.
(b) Where to send his pay if captured.
(c) When is his next birthday.
(d) What to say to his sweetheart if he passes.
2. Who is the new commanding officer of the Kansas Volunteers?
(a) Sergeant George York.
(b) Sergeant Jim Pike.
(c) Sergeant Stan Watie.
(d) Sergeant David Gardner.
3. When the bushwhacker pulls his trigger what happens?
(a) The gun goes off killing Emory.
(b) The gun's cartridge refuses to fire.
(c) The gun misfires and hits the bushwhacker.
(d) The gun falls to the floor.
4. How long was the drought in the Kansas Territory?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Six months.
5. Where does the regiment go from Fort Scott?
(a) Cherokee Indian Nation.
(b) Linn County, Kansas.
(c) Fort Smith.
(d) Van Buren,Arkansas.
6. Who distributed the propaganda circulars that Noah read?
(a) Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
(b) Confederate General George York.
(c) Confederate General T.C. Hindman.
(d) Confederate General Stand Watie.
7. What does Jeff tell his family of the army?
(a) How horrible it is.
(b) How hungry he is .
(c) How the shoes hurt.
(d) Stories of his new life.
8. What presidential candidate do Jeff and Emory go see on the Campaign trail?
(a) Jefferson Davis.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Grover Cleveland.
9. How old is John Chadwick?
10. Whose regiment enters the ambush from the South?
(a) Colonel Franz Sigel's.
(b) Colonel Frank Sigel's.
(c) General Lyons'.
(d) Colonel Fred Sigel's.
11. What is Captain Clardy's first order to his company?
(a) "Fix Bayonets!"
(b) "Peel Potatoes!"
(c) "Stop Crying!"
(d) "Mount Up!"
12. What battle begins on December 7, 1862?
(a) The Battle of Prairie Grove.
(b) The Battle of Fort Sills.
(c) The Battle of New Orleans.
(d) The Battle of Fort Smith.
13. When he does not get the office he wants what does Clardy do?
(a) Leaves the West forever.
(b) Leaves the South forever.
(c) Leaves the East forever.
(d) Leaves the North forever.
14. Who is Emory Bussey?
(a) Jeff's uncle.
(b) Jeff's grandfather.
(c) Jeff's brother.
(d) Jeff's father.
15. What does Jeff want to with his life?
(a) Run a grocerystore.
(b) Work on the farm.
(c) Be a preacher.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Clardy's former regiment?
2. Where does Jeff carry the wounded soldiers on ambulance duty?
3. As the battle rages, what does Jeff think about?
4. What is on Jeff's new uniform?
5. What does Jeff bring back to his messmates at camp?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)