|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells David Gardner to go back to the army?
(a) David's father.
(b) Jeff's mother.
(c) Jeff's father.
(d) David's mother.
2. What does Emory tell Jeff to do?
(a) To go unharness the mules.
(b) To go pick some corn.
(c) To go peel some potatoes.
(d) To go to town for some milk.
3. Who questions the boys before their enlistment?
(a) The enlistment officer.
(b) The drill sargeant.
(c) The major general.
(d) The physician.
4. How many men are in General Lyon's outfit?
(a) 1200 men.
(b) 3000 men.
(c) 2800 men.
(d) 3800 men.
5. During the physical what does the doctor mention to Jeff?
(a) That he needs new shoes.
(b) That he has flat feet.
(c) That he has a fine chest.
(d) That he could catch the pneumonia.
6. What does Jeff bring back to his messmates at camp?
(a) A sack of persimmons.
(b) A case of apple butter.
(c) A sack of apples.
(d) A gallon of milk.
7. How is the camp cook killed?
(a) He is stabbed in the back.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is clubbed to death.
(d) He is shot in the battle.
8. What is Levi Washbourne's rank in General Watie's cavalry?
9. Where does Jeff go the day after the fight?
(a) Fort Smith.
(b) Fort Leavenworth.
(c) Fort Payne.
(d) Fort Sill.
10. What is Emory Bussey considered?
(a) A Bushwhacker.
(b) A Slave State man.
(c) A Free State man.
(d) A Rabblehouser.
11. Who deserts the company before they cross the Missouri border?
(a) David Gardner.
(b) Jeff Bussey.
(c) Mike Dempsey.
(d) Asa Clardy.
12. What is Sergeant Mike Dempsey's job?
(a) He cleans the latrines.
(b) He tends the sick.
(c) He tends the cook wagon.
(d) He tends the calvary horses.
13. How long was the drought in the Kansas Territory?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Sixteen months.
14. What does Jeff do around the farm?
(a) Take his parents out for a picnic.
(b) Laze the day away in bed.
(c) Cements the wellhouse.
(d) Helps with the chores.
15. Why does Jeff leave home?
(a) To replace the mules.
(b) To go to his grandparents home.
(c) To get the sheriff.
(d) To volunteer for the Union army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeff feel concerning the captain?
2. Who sounds the Bussey family alarm?
3. How old is Jimmy Lear?
4. Where is the Bussey farm located?
5. What does the army doctor do to Jeff?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)