|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, The Jackmans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions the boys before their enlistment?
(a) The drill sargeant.
(b) The major general.
(c) The physician.
(d) The enlistment officer.
2. What is Jeff's fear as he leaves the house?
(a) That the men will eat all of the supper.
(b) That the men will kill his father.
(c) That the men will take his sisters.
(d) That the men will sleep in his bed.
3. What happens to the Brandts' home?
(a) The Rebels store ammuniton in it.
(b) The Rebels use it for a hospital.
(c) The Rebels take it away.
(d) The Rebels burn it down.
4. Who lives in the clapboard house in the woods?
(a) Mrs. Lyons.
(b) Mrs. Ivey.
(c) Mrs. Sigel.
(d) Mrs. McComas.
5. What is the name of the shepherd dog Jeff befriends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Levi Washbourne's rank in General Watie's cavalry?
2. What does Jeff put on the cow's back?
3. Who do the neighbor boys tell when they leave with Jeff?
4. What position did Captain Clardy covet in his former regiment?
5. Why does Captain Clardy punish Jeff?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)