|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, The Jackmans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Captain Clardy's former regiment elect as the Colonel?
(a) Grover Cleveland.
(b) Jefferson Davis.
(c) Jackson Davis.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Of what war is Emory Bussey a veteran?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The War between the Kansas-Missouri border.
(c) The Kansas Territory War.
(d) The Mexican War.
3. How does Jeff feel concerning the captain?
(a) He thinks of him like family.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He wants to take him home.
(d) He thinks he is highly intelligent.
4. Why do Jeff and Dixie go walking in the Missouri woods?
(a) Clearing his head.
(b) Looking for ripe persimmons.
(c) Hiding from Captain Clardy.
(d) He is deserting.
5. What does Emory tell Jeff to do?
(a) To go unharness the mules.
(b) To go peel some potatoes.
(c) To go pick some corn.
(d) To go to town for some milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Jeff to go with him to the other side of the river?
2. Jim Veatch tosses what on a sumac bush?
3. What is Emory Bussey considered?
4. What is Watie's reason for fighting?
5. What is the name of Captain Clardy's former regiment?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)