|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Ride of Noah Babbitt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Prairie Grove located?
(a) Western Mississippi.
(b) Western Arkansas.
(c) Western Kansas.
(d) Western Oklahoma.
2. Who do the neighbor boys tell when they leave with Jeff?
(a) The widow woman on the corner.
(b) Their parents.
(c) No one.
(d) The army recruiter.
3. How many men are in the Union Patrol?
(a) Forty men.
(b) Sixty men.
(c) Twenty men.
(d) Eighty men.
4. What does the officer ask Jeff?
(a) When is his next birthday.
(b) Where to send his pay if captured.
(c) What funeral home he wants used.
(d) What to say to his sweetheart if he passes.
5. What does Jeff's mother do that he enjoys the most?
(b) Washes his clothes.
(d) Cuts his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new commanding officer of the Kansas Volunteers?
2. Where does Jeff first meet Captain Asa Clardy?
3. Of what war is Emory Bussey a veteran?
4. What battle begins on December 7, 1862?
5. Who is the sixteen-year-old neighbor that travels with Jeff?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)