|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the captain become angry at hearing Jeff's full name?
(a) It is the same as the president of the Confederacy.
(b) It reminds him of his grandfather.
(c) It is a slave name.
(d) It is the same as the Baptist preacher.
2. Where does Jeff first meet Captain Asa Clardy?
(a) In the stables.
(b) Out in the garden.
(c) Outside of town.
(d) On the drill field.
3. What sounds on the Bussey farm in the case of emergencies?
(a) Edith's dinner bell.
(b) Edith's loud screams.
(c) Emory's muzzleloader shotgun.
(d) Emory's large sea horn.
4. What does Jeff's mother do that he enjoys the most?
(a) Cuts his hair.
(c) Washes his clothes.
5. How old is Jeff Bussey?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is John Chadwick?
2. How many miles do the troops march a day?
3. What does Jeff leave on the mules?
4. Why does Jeff leave home?
5. What encourages the neighbor boys to join Jeff on his way to Fort Leavenworth?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)