|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeff's fear as he leaves the house?
(a) That the men will kill his father.
(b) That the men will eat all of the supper.
(c) That the men will sleep in his bed.
(d) That the men will take his sisters.
2. Who gives Jeff information about Captain Clardy?
(a) Mike Dempsey.
(b) Emory Bussey.
(c) David Gardner.
(d) The army physician.
3. What presidential candidate do Jeff and Emory go see on the Campaign trail?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
4. What did Jeff trap in the creek before he went in the army?
(a) Muskrats and otters.
(b) Skunks and foxes.
(c) Muskrats and coyotes.
(d) Skunks and muskrats.
5. How many miles do the troops march a day?
(a) Twenty-five to thiry miles.
(b) Twenty to twenty-five miles.
(c) Fifteen to eighteen miles.
(d) Ten to twenty miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Jeff have upon returning home?
2. Who does Captain Clardy's former regiment elect as the Colonel?
3. What does the bushwhacker do to Jeff?
4. What encourages the neighbor boys to join Jeff on his way to Fort Leavenworth?
5. When Jeff returns to the home what does he see?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)