|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Captain Asa Clardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff tell the captain?
(a) "His bayonet is not broken."
(b) "He needs to go to the bathroom."
(c) "He wants to go home."
(d) "He did not understand the order."
2. Why does Captain Clardy punish Jeff?
(a) Jeff refuses to clean the bathroom.
(b) Jeff kicks him in the shin.
(c) Jeff refuses to brush his teeth.
(d) Jeff refuses to change his name.
3. What sounds on the Bussey farm in the case of emergencies?
(a) Edith's loud screams.
(b) Emory's large sea horn.
(c) Emory's muzzleloader shotgun.
(d) Edith's dinner bell.
4. During the physical what does the doctor mention to Jeff?
(a) That he needs new shoes.
(b) That he could catch the pneumonia.
(c) That he has flat feet.
(d) That he has a fine chest.
5. What does the doctor say to Jeff about his chest?
(a) That his chest could catch pneumonia.
(b) That his chest is rounded.
(c) That his chest is fine enough to get shot.
(d) That his chest is small.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeff first meet Captain Asa Clardy?
2. How does Jeff get to Fort Leavenworth?
3. What presidential candidate do Jeff and Emory go see on the Campaign trail?
4. Where is Edith Bussey from?
5. What does Jeff leave on the mules?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)