|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Captain Asa Clardy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the army doctor do to Jeff?
(a) Gives him a hard time.
(b) Gives him a shot.
(c) Gives him a physical.
(d) Gives him a soft place to sleep.
2. During the physical what does the doctor mention to Jeff?
(a) That he has a fine chest.
(b) That he needs new shoes.
(c) That he could catch the pneumonia.
(d) That he has flat feet.
3. What does the officer ask Jeff?
(a) What funeral home he wants used.
(b) When is his next birthday.
(c) What to say to his sweetheart if he passes.
(d) Where to send his pay if captured.
4. What is Emory Bussey considered?
(a) A Free State man.
(b) A Slave State man.
(c) A Rabblehouser.
(d) A Bushwhacker.
5. Why did one-third of the population flee the Kansas Territory?
(a) The fear of bushwhackers.
(b) The fear of starving.
(c) The fear of open spaces.
(d) The fear of Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff want to with his life?
2. Who is the sixteen-year-old neighbor that travels with Jeff?
3. What does the doctor say to Jeff about his chest?
4. Where is the Bussey farm located?
5. Who sounds the Bussey family alarm?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)