|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters comes from Surprise Valley, where do he and Lassiter go together?
(a) Into Cottonwoods.
(b) To sit by the water.
(c) To get a stiff drink.
(d) To the sage.
2. Venters returns to Surprise Valley with supplies for how long?
(b) Several years.
3. Which horse did Jane always think was the slowest?
(a) Black Star.
4. Venters tells Bess he must return to Cottonwoods after the storm but will come right back. What does he tell Bess he is returning for?
(a) To say goodby to Jane.
(d) To see Milly Erne's grave.
5. What do Venters and Bess hear as they take a last look at the sun setting over the sage?
(a) A long thundering sound.
(b) Horses running.
(c) Bells from the church in Glaze.
(d) A coming storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Venter's mother and sister?
2. What does Venters tell Lassiter as he leaves Surprise Valley?
3. When Venters returns with the horses after the race, what news does he hear from his friend?
4. How does Jane react at first when her and Lassiter meet Venters and Bess?
5. After Mrs. Larkin dies, Jane continues to hear something in the fields by her house. What does she hear?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)