|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane tells Lassiter she wants to go away with him, what does she say to try to convince him?
(a) "Your people shall be my people--your God my God."
(b) "I love Little Fay."
(c) "I give up my religion."
(d) "I'll marry you."
2. When Venters is ready to return to Cottonwoods, Bess and Venters stand by Balancing Rock and she tells him her secret. What is it?
(a) She loves him.
(b) Oldring was her brother.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is not the Masked Rider.
3. Lassiter leaves Jane for a while after they flee Cottonwood. What does he return with?
4. After the race, when Venters arrives at Tull's house, what does Tull do?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Invites him in.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Goes inside and locks the door.
5. On his way back to town a second time, who does Venters encounter?
(b) A group of rustlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lassiter do to Withersteen house when he and Jane flee?
2. In the end, what does Venters do to Oldring?
3. When Venters returns with the horses after the race, what news does he hear from his friend?
4. Why does Lassiter not want to push Balancing Rock?
5. When Jerry Card is racing Wrangle into the canyon, what does Venters do?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)