|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Venters and Bess hear as they take a last look at the sun setting over the sage?
(a) Bells from the church in Glaze.
(b) Horses running.
(c) A coming storm.
(d) A long thundering sound.
2. After Mrs. Larkin dies, Jane continues to hear something in the fields by her house. What does she hear?
3. How many years had Lassiter been looking for his sister?
4. On his way back to town a second time, who does Venters encounter?
(b) A group of rustlers.
5. What did Milly's captors do to her while she delivered her baby?
(a) Washed he forhead with water.
(b) Held her hands.
(c) Kept her tied and bound.
(d) Took excellent care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters and Bess take cover from the storm in their cave and Bess, afraid, snuggles with Venters. What does he know in this moment?
2. What happens to Bess and Venters at the end of the race?
3. What does Lassiter do to Withersteen house when he and Jane flee?
4. Where does Lassiter take Jane when they flee Cottonwood?
5. Lassiter leaves Jane for a while after they flee Cottonwood. What does he return with?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)