|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Blake returns to Withersteen house, what does Blake need to tell Lassiter?
(a) That he is not there to spy on him and he won't kill him.
(b) That he hates him and will kill him if he gets the chance.
(c) That he admires Lassiter.
(d) That he knows Lassiter loves Jane.
2. When the Bishop is talking with Jane, Lassiter comes up behind him. What happens?
(a) The Bishop faints.
(b) Jane stands in front of the Bishop so Lassiter will not kill him.
(c) Jane faints and Lassiter wings the Bishop when he draws his gun.
(d) Lassiter hits the Bishop on his head.
3. Venters tells Bess he must return to Cottonwoods after the storm but will come right back. What does he tell Bess he is returning for?
(c) To see Milly Erne's grave.
(d) To say goodby to Jane.
4. Where does Lassiter take Jane when they flee Cottonwood?
(b) To the sage.
(c) To Surprise Valley.
(d) To the town of Graze.
5. What is Lassiter known for?
(a) A man looking for gold.
(b) A rustler.
(c) The Masked Rider.
(d) As a killer of Mormons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane sends Judkins to town to find out about the disappearance of her riders. What does Judkins discover?
2. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
3. How did Oldring feel about Bess?
4. How does Venters nurse Bess's fever?
5. Who does Jane think is the "unseen hand"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)