|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lassiter and Venters stand in the shadow of Balancing Rock, what does Lassiter share with Venters?
(a) That Balancing Rock has ancient writings.
(b) That Balancing Rock will not roll.
(c) His love of rolling rocks.
(d) That he knows another way into Surprise Valley.
2. How do Venters and Bess know the storms are over?
(a) They know the rainy season is over.
(b) It does not rain for four days.
(c) Ring is energetic.
(d) The purple clouds turn to white.
3. What does Venters realize the morning after the storm?
(a) That he's afraid of storms.
(b) That he needs more beef.
(c) That he loves Bess.
(d) That he still loves Jane and must return to her.
4. What relationship does Venters assume that Bess had with Oldring?
(a) She was his lover.
(b) She was his sister.
(c) She was one of his rustlers.
(d) She was never around Oldring.
5. After taking Lassiter to Milly's grave, what does Jane wonder aloud to Venters?
(a) If Lassiter was Milly's husband.
(b) If Lassiter knew Milly very well.
(c) If Lassiter was Milly's father.
(d) If Lassiter was Milly's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters comes down the cliff and is returning to town for a second time, what has happened to Wrangle when he gets to the bottom of the cliff?
2. What did Frank Erne do to the new preacher in town?
3. Lassiter rides into the white herd to calm them and stop the movement. What happens to Lassiter's horse?
4. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
5. What is Venters thinking about as he races across the sage?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)