|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Venters tells Bess he must return to Cottonwoods after the storm but will come right back. What does he tell Bess he is returning for?
(a) To say goodby to Jane.
(d) To see Milly Erne's grave.
2. How do Venters and Bess know the storms are over?
(a) It does not rain for four days.
(b) They know the rainy season is over.
(c) Ring is energetic.
(d) The purple clouds turn to white.
3. When Jane asks Lassiter to be her rider, what does that mean?
(a) To ride the sage everyday and look for intruders.
(b) To watch Black Night and Star.
(c) To be in charge of cattle and horses and ranges.
(d) To guard her house at night.
4. After the race, when Venters arrives at Tull's house, what does Tull do?
(a) Goes inside and locks the door.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Invites him in.
(d) Challenges him to a duel.
5. When Lassiter appears, how do Tull's men know that he is a gunman?
(a) He crouches in a gunman's position to ready for shooting.
(b) He is dressed all in black.
(c) He is riding a fast horse.
(d) He is wearing guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters finally catches up to Black Star, what does he think has happened to the horse?
2. How does Jane react at first when her and Lassiter meet Venters and Bess?
3. Who was Lassiter having a drink with in the saloon?
4. What are the signs that Milly gave up the Mormon religion?
5. When Mrs. Larkin dies, what does Lassiter tell Jane to do with Fay?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)