|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
(a) He wants to find out her story.
(b) He doesn't want to be responsible for killing an unarmed woman.
(c) He thinks she can lead him to Oldring.
(d) He thinks she is rich.
2. Who was Lassiter having a drink with in the saloon?
3. Who is being entertained at the Brandt house?
(d) Bishop Dyer.
4. On her way to Collier Brandt's house, Jane sees Tull. What does he scold her for?
(a) For not marrying him.
(b) For not dressing properly in town.
(c) For not being in church.
(d) For hiring Lassiter.
5. When Venters returns to Surprise Valley, who follows him?
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after the storm, Venters wants to return to Cottonwoods, but what are his reasons?
2. What does Venters take back to camp with him on his first visit to the cliff dweller's cave?
3. When Jane and Lassiter flee Withersteen house, what does Jane take with her?
4. After the visit from the Bishop, what does Lassiter tell Jane about her employees?
5. When Jane's riders disappear, what does Judkins tell her happened to them?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)