|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lassiter appears, how do Tull's men know that he is a gunman?
(a) He is riding a fast horse.
(b) He is dressed all in black.
(c) He is wearing guns.
(d) He crouches in a gunman's position to ready for shooting.
2. On his way back to town a second time, who does Venters encounter?
(c) A group of rustlers.
3. After Lassiter is grazed by a bullet, Jane and Lassiter hear an approaching horse. Who is it?
(a) Black Star.
4. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
(a) Underwater through a cave.
(b) Through the middle of the waterfall.
(c) A high pass.
(d) Through another maze of canyon outlets.
5. As the situation worsens, Jane tells Jerd to only care for only two things. What?
(a) The cattle.
(b) The water for the town.
(d) Black Star and Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters gets into the oval valley, who does he leave to watch his horse?
2. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
3. What does Lassiter say when Jane offers him to be a rider for her?
4. Once Venters and Bess are in Surprise Valley, how many days does Venters think Bess will need to lie still?
5. After the shooting, Venters moves Bess to a safe location, but returns to the oval valley. Why?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)