|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters is ready to return to Cottonwoods, Bess and Venters stand by Balancing Rock and she tells him her secret. What is it?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is not the Masked Rider.
(c) She loves him.
(d) Oldring was her brother.
2. Why has Mrs. Larkin always been afraid to give her daughter to Jane?
(a) She is afraid Jane would raise her as a Mormon.
(b) She thinks Jane would kidnap her daughter.
(c) She thinks her daughter will not go willingly.
(d) She believes Jane would be mean to her daughter.
3. After Lassiter leaves Surprise Valley and Bess reveals a new secret, why had Bess never told Venters about her secret before?
(a) She wanted to give it to Oldring.
(b) She was afraid he will leave her.
(c) She wanted to escape Venters and leave Surprise Valley.
(d) She wanted to keep it for herself.
4. What horse trick does Jerry Card do while Venters races him?
(a) He ropes another horse while riding.
(b) He jumps down and back up on the horse while riding.
(c) He stands in the saddle.
(d) He switches horses while the horses are running.
5. After the visit from the Bishop, what does Lassiter tell Jane about her employees?
(a) They are poisoning her water.
(b) They are spying on her.
(c) They want Black Star and Night.
(d) They want her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane tells Lassiter she wants to go away with him, what does she say to try to convince him?
2. Who was Lassiter having a drink with in the saloon?
3. Lassiter takes Jane to a lookout over her white herd and tells her the herd is moving fast. Why?
4. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
5. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)