|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane greets Lassiter and Venters, she has news from town about Tull. What is it?
(a) Tull was spying on Jane.
(b) Tull was seen riding out to Glaze.
(c) Tull was killed in a gun fight.
(d) Tull took another Mormon wife.
2. When Venters comes from Surprise Valley, where do he and Lassiter go together?
(a) Into Cottonwoods.
(b) To get a stiff drink.
(c) To sit by the water.
(d) To the sage.
3. What does Venters name the rock at the entrance to Surprise Valley?
(a) Venter's Rock
(b) Balancing Rock.
(c) Bess's Rock.
(d) Jane's Rock.
4. After Venters shoots the two riders in the oval valley, what does he do with the dead body?
(a) Dumps it in the river.
(b) Drags it to a corner and covers it with rocks.
(c) Puts it on his horse and carries it back to camp.
(d) Leaves it for the coyotes.
5. How did Oldring feel about Bess?
(a) He was cruel to her.
(b) He resented her.
(c) Like a slave.
(d) He loved her as a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Venter's mother and sister?
2. After the race, who greets Venters and helps him with the horses?
3. What does Oldring really do for a living?
4. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
5. Who tells Bess about the fate of her father?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)