|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the storm, Venters wants to return to Cottonwoods, but what are his reasons?
(a) He must talk to Lassiter.
(b) He must break his engagement to Jane.
(c) He must also get fresh horses.
(d) He must kill Oldring.
2. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
(a) Took his guns.
(b) Stole his best horse.
(c) Sent out an edict to ruin him.
(d) Tried to convert him to Mormonism.
3. When Jane sees the visitor at the Brandt house, why does this person think Jane has not been to church?
(a) Jane is no longer a Mormon.
(b) Jane has started her own church on her ranch.
(c) Tull is keeping Jane to himself while he is courting her.
(d) Jane is involved with Venters.
4. What does Venters take back to camp with him on his first visit to the cliff dweller's cave?
(c) Food from the dwellings.
(d) Bone dust.
5. Just after the rustlers pass Venters and his dog in the canyon, Ring turns and growls at two riders coming right at them. Who is one of the riders?
(c) The Masked Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters realizes the Masked Rider is alive, he opens his shirt to look at the wound. What does Venters find?
2. When Jane's riders disappear, what does Judkins tell her happened to them?
3. As Lassiter and Venters stand in the shadow of Balancing Rock, what does Lassiter share with Venters?
4. How may days does Venters tell Bess that she must wait for him to return from Cottonwood before she knows he is dead?
5. After the race, who greets Venters and helps him with the horses?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)