|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Blake returns to Withersteen house, what does Blake need to tell Lassiter?
(a) That he knows Lassiter loves Jane.
(b) That he is not there to spy on him and he won't kill him.
(c) That he admires Lassiter.
(d) That he hates him and will kill him if he gets the chance.
2. Lassiter wants to go home? Where is home for Lassiter?
(c) Northern Utah.
3. When the Bishop is talking with Jane, Lassiter comes up behind him. What happens?
(a) The Bishop faints.
(b) Lassiter hits the Bishop on his head.
(c) Jane stands in front of the Bishop so Lassiter will not kill him.
(d) Jane faints and Lassiter wings the Bishop when he draws his gun.
4. In Surprise Valley, what does Venters confess to Lassiter?
(a) That Bess is Oldring's sister.
(b) That he is leaving Bess.
(c) That Bess is an evil woman.
(d) That he loves Bess.
5. After Venters says goodbye to Lassiter, what new worry comes to his mind?
(a) That Lassiter will betray him.
(b) That he may still love Jane.
(c) That he can be tracked to Surprise Valley.
(d) That he never wants to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Venters finally catches up to Black Star, what does he think has happened to the horse?
2. After the race, when Venters arrives at Tull's house, what does Tull do?
3. How does Venters block the entrance to Surprise Valley?
4. When Venters arrives at Withersteen House from Surprise Vallley, what will he do if Jane stops defending Tull?
5. When Venters takes Bess to Surprise Valley, she awakens and think she hears a waterfall. What is she really hearing?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)