|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters returns with the horses after the race, what news does he hear from his friend?
(a) That Lassiter killed Tull.
(b) That Lassiter left town.
(c) That Lassiter is in love with Jane.
(d) That Lassiter stole from Jane.
2. When Jane tells Blake to go to the sage and get all her horses, what information does Blake have?
(a) All the horses are gone.
(b) The horses are eating.
(c) The horses are back in the coral.
(d) The horses are resting.
3. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
(a) "Please, before I die."
(b) "Don't take me back there."
(c) "Just let me die here."
(d) "Take me back so I can see the sage once more."
4. What relationship did Bishop Dyer have with Jane's father?
(a) He was a counselor to her father.
(b) He was her father's best friend.
(c) He was a teacher to her father.
(d) He did not know Jane's father very well.
5. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 150 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters and Bess take cover from the storm in their cave and Bess, afraid, snuggles with Venters. What does he know in this moment?
2. Venters goes to find the red herd, but he also wants to do something very specific. What is it?
3. The morning after the storm, what does Bess ask Venters?
4. When Venters goes into Cottonwood, all the men are in the streets. What are they talking about?
5. What does Venters say touched him in Surprise Valley?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)