|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
(a) Sent out an edict to ruin him.
(b) Took his guns.
(c) Tried to convert him to Mormonism.
(d) Stole his best horse.
2. After dinner with Lassiter and Jane, Venters says he must leave. Why?
(a) He doesn't like to clean up.
(b) Tull will be looking for him.
(c) He's going to the coral to check on the horses.
(d) He's going home.
3. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
(a) He grabs her and pulls her to him, thinking she has just professed her love.
(b) He shakes his head and begins to cry.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He tells her that he not longer loves her.
4. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
(a) He won't like Jane's cooking.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He never eats indoors.
(d) He knows that the Mormons won't like it and will cause trouble for Jane.
5. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
(a) Bern Venters.
(b) A place to stay the night.
(c) Something to eat.
(d) The grave of Milly Erne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse did Jane always think was the slowest?
2. How does Venters nurse Bess's fever?
3. After Bess is well, what do she and Venters do everyday in Surprise Valley?
4. What does Venters discover about Balancing Rock?
5. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)