|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
(a) "Please, before I die."
(b) "Just let me die here."
(c) "Don't take me back there."
(d) "Take me back so I can see the sage once more."
2. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
(a) The grave of Milly Erne.
(b) Something to eat.
(c) Bern Venters.
(d) A place to stay the night.
3. When Blake returns to Withersteen house, what does Blake need to tell Lassiter?
(a) That he admires Lassiter.
(b) That he is not there to spy on him and he won't kill him.
(c) That he knows Lassiter loves Jane.
(d) That he hates him and will kill him if he gets the chance.
4. In Surprise Valley, what does Venters confess to Lassiter?
(a) That he loves Bess.
(b) That Bess is an evil woman.
(c) That he is leaving Bess.
(d) That Bess is Oldring's sister.
5. What does the Bishop say Jane's father wanted for her?
(a) To marry Tull.
(b) To race the horses he left her.
(c) To marry Dyer.
(d) To leave Cottonwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lassiter leaves Surprise Valley and Bess reveals a new secret, why had Bess never told Venters about her secret before?
2. When Venters arrives at Withersteen House from Surprise Vallley, what will he do if Jane stops defending Tull?
3. What does Venters discover about Balancing Rock?
4. In the end, what does Venters do to Oldring?
5. After dinner, Venters goes to the grove to sleep. Who does he see riding through?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)