|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making the white herd move so quickly?
(a) Someone on another ridge is spooking them with a white sheet.
(b) Someone on the ridge is throwing rocks at them.
(c) Someone on the ridge is shooting at them.
(d) Someone on the ridge is yelling.
2. How does Jane pay Blake when he returns to work for her?
(a) She is not able to pay him.
(b) She pays him in cash.
(c) She pays him in gold.
(d) She gives him food and a place to sleep.
3. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
(a) He tells her that he not longer loves her.
(b) He grabs her and pulls her to him, thinking she has just professed her love.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He shakes his head and begins to cry.
4. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
(a) He thinks she can lead him to Oldring.
(b) He wants to find out her story.
(c) He thinks she is rich.
(d) He doesn't want to be responsible for killing an unarmed woman.
5. When Venters gets into the oval valley, who does he leave to watch his horse?
(b) Whitie, the dog.
(c) Ring, the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters and his dog, Ring, stay in the oval canyon and watch as rustlers enter an opening to another canyon. What does this prove?
2. What does Venters discover about Balancing Rock?
3. When Venters asks Bess what she did when she wasn't riding with Oldring, what does she say?
4. When Venters goes into the canyon where he saw the rustlers go, what does he find?
5. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)