|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jane's father train her to do?
(a) Run the ranch and manage 100 employees.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Shoot like a man.
2. Lassiter wants to go home? Where is home for Lassiter?
(d) Northern Utah.
3. How does Venters find the opening to Surprise Valley?
(a) He notices ancient marks in the rock that lead up a cliff.
(b) Ring goes into the opening and lead the way.
(c) He follows blood drops up the cliff.
(d) There are small arrows engraved in the rocks leading him up the pass.
4. When Blake returns to Withersteen house, what does Blake need to tell Lassiter?
(a) That he admires Lassiter.
(b) That he knows Lassiter loves Jane.
(c) That he is not there to spy on him and he won't kill him.
(d) That he hates him and will kill him if he gets the chance.
5. While Venters is in Surprise Valley, Jane brings a guest into her home. Who?
(a) Fay and her sick mother.
(b) Bishop Dyer.
(c) Fay alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lassiter takes Jane to a lookout over her white herd and tells her the herd is moving fast. Why?
2. Jane sends Judkins to town to find out about the disappearance of her riders. What does Judkins discover?
3. When Venters tells Bess of his nightime trips to find beef, how does Bess react?
4. When confronted with the two riders in the canyon who shoot at him, what does Venters do?
5. When Jane's riders disappear, what does Judkins tell her happened to them?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)