|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lassiter known for?
(a) A man looking for gold.
(b) The Masked Rider.
(c) As a killer of Mormons.
(d) A rustler.
2. After dinner with Lassiter and Jane, Venters says he must leave. Why?
(a) He's going home.
(b) He's going to the coral to check on the horses.
(c) Tull will be looking for him.
(d) He doesn't like to clean up.
3. After dinner, Venters goes to the grove to sleep. Who does he see riding through?
(a) Jane's women who work in her house.
(d) Oldring and the Masked Rider.
4. What does Mary Brandt, Janes friend, urge her to do when Jane visits her?
(a) Marry Tull.
(b) Marry Bishop Dyer.
(c) Become a Gentile.
(d) Marry Venters.
5. What is making the white herd move so quickly?
(a) Someone on the ridge is shooting at them.
(b) Someone on the ridge is yelling.
(c) Someone on another ridge is spooking them with a white sheet.
(d) Someone on the ridge is throwing rocks at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venters go to Deception Pass every day?
2. After the conversation with Blake, Jane feels the world closing in on her and admits to Lassiter that sometimes she want to run away with him. How does Lassiter react?
3. What does Venters do to get some beef for Bess?
4. What relationship did Bishop Dyer have with Jane's father?
5. What relationship does Venters assume that Bess had with Oldring?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)