|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jane as Mrs. Larkin dies?
2. When Jane sees the visitor at the Brandt house, why does this person think Jane has not been to church?
(a) Jane is no longer a Mormon.
(b) Jane has started her own church on her ranch.
(c) Jane is involved with Venters.
(d) Tull is keeping Jane to himself while he is courting her.
3. When Bess is better, Venters gets a chance to explore the valley. What animals does he find evidence of?
(b) Beaver, wildcats, and foxes.
4. How does Venters find the opening to Surprise Valley?
(a) There are small arrows engraved in the rocks leading him up the pass.
(b) Ring goes into the opening and lead the way.
(c) He follows blood drops up the cliff.
(d) He notices ancient marks in the rock that lead up a cliff.
5. What does Venters do to get some beef for Bess?
(a) Finds a stray cow and brings him back to Surprise Valley.
(b) Invades a cattle drive and robs eight head of cattle.
(c) Returns to Withersteen house and steals eight cattle.
(d) Steals cattle from Oldring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
2. When Venters goes to the cliff dweller's cave the first time, what does he find?
3. When Venters realizes the Masked Rider is alive, he opens his shirt to look at the wound. What does Venters find?
4. What does Bess say Oldring is doing to hide his true motives?
5. After the visit from the Bishop, what does Lassiter tell Jane about her employees?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)