|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venters want Bess to get well?
(a) He thinks she can lead him to Oldring.
(b) He wants to find out her story.
(c) He doesn't want to be responsible for killing an unarmed woman.
(d) He thinks she is rich.
2. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
(a) "Please, before I die."
(b) "Just let me die here."
(c) "Don't take me back there."
(d) "Take me back so I can see the sage once more."
3. Who founded the town of Cottonwood?
(b) Bishop Dyer.
(c) Jane's father.
4. Why are there four separate entrances to the Brandt's house?
(a) The children are divided up by age.
(b) The house was built at different times.
(c) Mr. Brandt lives in one, the other sections are for his wives, his children, and storage.
(d) There are four wives and each have their own section of the house.
5. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 4 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters goes to find the red herd, but he also wants to do something very specific. What is it?
2. What ancient discovery does Venters find in Surprise Valley?
3. Why does Venters go to Deception Pass every day?
4. After dinner, Venters goes to the grove to sleep. Who does he see riding through?
5. After taking Lassiter to Milly's grave, what does Jane wonder aloud to Venters?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)