|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Brandt, Janes friend, urge her to do when Jane visits her?
(a) Marry Tull.
(b) Marry Bishop Dyer.
(c) Become a Gentile.
(d) Marry Venters.
2. Jane sends Judkins to town to find out about the disappearance of her riders. What does Judkins discover?
(a) Her riders moved to Glaze.
(b) There is a band organized to hunt rustlers and Tull's man, Jerry Card, is the leader.
(c) Her riders are now with Oldring.
(d) Her riders left Utah.
3. After taking Lassiter to Milly's grave, what does Jane wonder aloud to Venters?
(a) If Lassiter was Milly's brother.
(b) If Lassiter was Milly's father.
(c) If Lassiter was Milly's husband.
(d) If Lassiter knew Milly very well.
4. Why has Mrs. Larkin always been afraid to give her daughter to Jane?
(a) She is afraid Jane would raise her as a Mormon.
(b) She thinks her daughter will not go willingly.
(c) She thinks Jane would kidnap her daughter.
(d) She believes Jane would be mean to her daughter.
5. When Lassiter appears, how do Tull's men know that he is a gunman?
(a) He is riding a fast horse.
(b) He is wearing guns.
(c) He crouches in a gunman's position to ready for shooting.
(d) He is dressed all in black.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venters block the entrance to Surprise Valley?
2. Venters and his dog, Ring, stay in the oval canyon and watch as rustlers enter an opening to another canyon. What does this prove?
3. Jane asks Lassiter to be her friend, but only under one condition. What is the condition?
4. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
5. When Jane sees the visitor at the Brandt house, why does this person think Jane has not been to church?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)