|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
(a) Jane doesn't give enough money to the church.
(b) Jane is too rich and needs to give some of her land away.
(c) Venters is a terrible employee.
(d) Her right to befriend a Gentile.
2. When Jane sees the visitor at the Brandt house, why does this person think Jane has not been to church?
(a) Jane is involved with Venters.
(b) Jane has started her own church on her ranch.
(c) Jane is no longer a Mormon.
(d) Tull is keeping Jane to himself while he is courting her.
3. Why does Venters go to Deception Pass every day?
(a) To kill the Masked Rider.
(b) To practice shooting.
(c) To camp and hunt.
(d) To spy on Oldring.
4. Jane asks Lassiter to be her friend, but only under one condition. What is the condition?
(a) He must leave forever.
(b) He must kill Tull for her.
(c) He must giver her his horse.
(d) He must not kill any Mormons.
5. How many cattle are in the red herd?
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking Lassiter to Milly's grave, what does Jane wonder aloud to Venters?
2. Why did Milly die?
3. Which horse does Jane give to Venters to go find the red herd?
4. Who's house does Jane visit in the Gentile village?
5. When Venters goes into the canyon where he saw the rustlers go, what does he find?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)