|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
(a) The grave of Milly Erne.
(b) Bern Venters.
(c) Something to eat.
(d) A place to stay the night.
2. Lassiter takes Jane to a lookout over her white herd and tells her the herd is moving fast. Why?
(a) They are stampeding.
(b) They are following Lassiter.
(c) They are following some dogs.
(d) The rustlers are taking them to the canyon.
3. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
(a) He never eats indoors.
(b) He knows that the Mormons won't like it and will cause trouble for Jane.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He won't like Jane's cooking.
4. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
(a) Whitie and Lassiter.
(b) Ring and Whitie.
(c) Jane and Ring.
(d) Oldring and Whitie.
5. Venters and his dog, Ring, stay in the oval canyon and watch as rustlers enter an opening to another canyon. What does this prove?
(a) Nothing. The canyons all go in a circle.
(b) The opening is Oldring's den.
(c) The Oval is really shaped like a hand with fingers.
(d) There is water through the opening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jane get her horses?
2. After dinner with Lassiter and Jane, Venters says he must leave. Why?
3. Why did Milly die?
4. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
5. What is Lassiter known for?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)