|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
(a) Stole his best horse.
(b) Sent out an edict to ruin him.
(c) Tried to convert him to Mormonism.
(d) Took his guns.
2. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He knows that the Mormons won't like it and will cause trouble for Jane.
(c) He never eats indoors.
(d) He won't like Jane's cooking.
3. How many cattle are in the red herd?
4. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
(a) Through the middle of the waterfall.
(b) A high pass.
(c) Underwater through a cave.
(d) Through another maze of canyon outlets.
5. What did Jane's father train her to do?
(a) Ride horses.
(b) Run the ranch and manage 100 employees.
(c) Shoot like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane hears that her riders left her, she prays. What does she vow after her wrathful prayer?
2. When Lassiter appears, how do Tull's men know that he is a gunman?
3. Venters and his dog, Ring, stay in the oval canyon and watch as rustlers enter an opening to another canyon. What does this prove?
4. Lassiter comes to Jane to inform her that he found her white herd. Jane changes and goes to mount her horse. How does she mount her horse?
5. When Venters goes into the canyon where he saw the rustlers go, what does he find?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)