|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After shooting the Masked Rider, what does Venters discover?
(a) The Rider had a rifle.
(b) The Rider is an old man.
(c) The Rider had no guns.
(d) The Rider is a young boy.
2. Why does Jane not take care of Milly's grave?
(a) Jane doesn't take care of her land very well.
(b) Milly told Jane not to bother with it.
(c) She wants to keep it hidden.
(d) Milly was not family.
3. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
(a) Through another maze of canyon outlets.
(b) Through the middle of the waterfall.
(c) Underwater through a cave.
(d) A high pass.
4. When Jane and Venters leave Lassiter at the grave and are walking back, they see a rider. Who?
(b) The Masked Rider.
(c) Judkins the Gentile rider.
5. When Jane's riders disappear, what does Judkins tell her happened to them?
(a) The riders are working for Tull on his ranch.
(b) The riders aren't gone; they are hiding in Deception Canyon.
(c) The riders were "called in" by the churchmen.
(d) The riders are all dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
2. How many cattle are in the red herd?
3. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
4. At the beginning of the book, Jane waits for the churchmen. What will the churchmen attack Jane for?
5. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)