|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lassiter known for?
(a) A man looking for gold.
(b) The Masked Rider.
(c) A rustler.
(d) As a killer of Mormons.
2. Why does Jane not take care of Milly's grave?
(a) Milly was not family.
(b) Jane doesn't take care of her land very well.
(c) She wants to keep it hidden.
(d) Milly told Jane not to bother with it.
3. When Venters offers to take the wounded girl back to Oldring, what does she say?
(a) "Take me back so I can see the sage once more."
(b) "Please, before I die."
(c) "Just let me die here."
(d) "Don't take me back there."
4. When Jane asks Lassiter to stay and eat, why does Lassiter hesitate?
(a) He never eats indoors.
(b) He knows that the Mormons won't like it and will cause trouble for Jane.
(c) He won't like Jane's cooking.
(d) He is shy.
5. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
(a) A place to stay the night.
(b) Something to eat.
(c) Bern Venters.
(d) The grave of Milly Erne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
2. Which horse does Jane give to Venters to go find the red herd?
3. When confronted with the two riders in the canyon who shoot at him, what does Venters do?
4. After shooting the Masked Rider, what does Venters discover?
5. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)