|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner with Jane and Venters, Lassiter says he is looking for something. What is it?
(a) Something to eat.
(b) The grave of Milly Erne.
(c) Bern Venters.
(d) A place to stay the night.
2. Jane asks Lassiter to be her friend, but only under one condition. What is the condition?
(a) He must kill Tull for her.
(b) He must leave forever.
(c) He must giver her his horse.
(d) He must not kill any Mormons.
3. Jane sends Judkins to town to find out about the disappearance of her riders. What does Judkins discover?
(a) Her riders are now with Oldring.
(b) Her riders moved to Glaze.
(c) Her riders left Utah.
(d) There is a band organized to hunt rustlers and Tull's man, Jerry Card, is the leader.
4. When Venters goes to find the red herd, how far does he travel in three hours?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
5. After dinner, Venters goes to the grove to sleep. Who does he see riding through?
(b) Oldring and the Masked Rider.
(d) Jane's women who work in her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening to Oldring's den?
2. Venters has two dogs. What are their names?
3. According to Venters, what has Bishop Dyer done to hurt Venters?
4. After dinner with Lassiter and Jane, Venters says he must leave. Why?
5. When Jane hears that her riders left her, she prays. What does she vow after her wrathful prayer?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)